Thread: Replicating the Standard Data Layout template used by TrackAddict video in a project

Potential Tuner

Replicating the Standard Data Layout template used by TrackAddict video in a project

Is there a project template or any tips as to how to modify, if necessary, a closely related template in RaceRender to match look and feel as the "Standard Data Layout" displayed in TrackAddict (iPhone)?

All display object are in bottom left:

Can exclude GPS (I'll just add an aviation compass/altimeter object)
    1) A 1.5G circle
    1) Speed is just a numeric value followed by mph
    2) Throttle is a green vertical bar with one of possibly several value its pulled from in TrackAddict (throttle actuator, throttle position etc.) because a few of my ODB values only go up to
    ~66%, Load (ODB) goes up higher but not quite 100%, so this is still a mystery.
    3) Tach RPM is a white horizontal bar with 6500 PRM as redline and 1000 RPM markers, I believe.
    4) Boost is a Blue horizontal bar only depicting values of 0+ psi.

Here are screen shots from TrackAddict depicting what I'm speaking about. I know this may belong in the TrackAddict forum instead, but since I'm trying to use RaceRender as the platform to match a Track UI I thought it may be OK posting this here.

Thanks

image (2).jpgunnamed.png

Advanced Tuner
    All of this should be pretty easily doable with the standard Display Objects in RaceRender. You can start with a "Data Overlay - Simple" or a "Simple Video" and then start removing display objects or modifying the existing ones. In the bottom right, there's a Display Object section. Click the Add button down there and then start exploring some of the different types. After clicking on a display object to add, it's Display Object Properties window should display which allows you to further customize exactly what is displayed. You can view the properties of a different object my double clicking on that in the list in the bottom right. One of the key pieces of the properties is Field which is where you'd pick the correct column in your data to display in that object. If you have multiple data files, you can also choose the Input to pick between the different files.

#1.1 Use a G-Force > Ball White
    #1.2 Use Text Data and change the mode to Number & Text; update the text to MPH
    #2 Use a Bar/Level > Bar Throttle Trans; set the range to 0-66. For my data, my minimum is 7.8 and my max is 64.5. RaceRender will translate those values into 0-100 in the bar to make it look like it's using the whole range.
    #3 Use a Bar/Level > Throttle Horizontal; turn on the checkbox for Axis and change the interval to 1000; and adjust the range appropriately. For the redline, you could add a Shape > Blue Screen and then change the color to Red and adjust the size to be MUCH smaller. The width/length is in percentages; so you'll want something in the single digits to sit behind the bar correctly.
    #4 Use another Bar/Level > Throttle Horizontal; and adjust the color, etc.

You can also add a Track Map > Big Dot; and a bunch of Text Data objects for the other various data fields that you have in your screenshot. Play around with the Display Object Properties to see if you can customize it to look exactly like you want.