Thread: Any maths to assist with calculation of miles driven?

Any maths to assist with calculation of miles driven?

Hello,

Are there any math functions that could allow for calculation of miles driven during datalog?

Senior Tuner
    No, you will have to export to excel and do manually. The scanner doesn't support integration. Be nice if it could.

Edit:
    You could check if you have odometer available as a PID. My E67 doesn't. But I noticed there are other PIDs that might be useful such Distance Since Last MIL Cleared etc that might be a hack way to get what you need.
    Last edited by hjtrbo; 04-18-2022 at 09:36 PM.

Wow good question. Since track addict combines a phone GPS to add to the data it does seem reasonable that some integration would be possible. Maybe a stand alone GPS as an input similar to a wideband signal.

I was looking into this, too because I wanted to use it to test things like 60' and 1/8 mile. I thought I could log the "Distance Since Last Cleared" PID, but it only seems to update from the PCM every 3 miles. Not very helpful.
    If you're trying to do something like I am, I think the best bet is to reduce your PIDs only to the essentials, and turn the VSS PID polling as fast as you can, export the log, and do the math on each cell to figure out the distance from one entry to another using:
    Distance = Velocity * Time where Time would be the difference from the current cell to the previous, and then just add that distance to the cell above it...rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by phuz; 11-10-2023 at 02:53 PM.
    • 2001 C5 Corvette (625rwhp - Procharger, LS6 heads, Torquer V2 cam)
    • 1991 Volvo 940 - 2JZGTE (600rwhp - PT6466, HKS 272 cams)