Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GMVE Help

Advanced Tuner
    I am assuming the 500 value is the raw value from the LM-2 since your AFR channel is (LM-2 input/68.05)+7.36 = (500/68.05)+7.36 = 14.69933. If that is true, then the 500 value is probably an ADC value representing a voltage the LM-2 is seeing. Then lambda should be (LM-2 input/1024)+.5 = (500/1024)+.5 = .988281 lambda. Do the open air test mentioned above and see if the lambda value on the LM-2 matches what is showing up in the scanner (with the lambda math noted in this post).

Ok, I was having problems with getting scanner to work. It turned out I had the LM2 mgmt. cable connected to the laptop and not the MPVI cable. Ok, I acknowledge I am a newbie...

While trying to figure out what was going on I was in the LM2 interface looking at my AFR (car running). My AFR looked great in the App. There was a button on the app that said AFR/Lambda. I clicked on Lambda and now everything is in Lambda.

Below is a picture of scanner showing Lambda.

2022-04-28 (2).png

Very cool, except now my MAF low and high tables, and VE speed density table, plus my GMVE isn't working (yet).

If anybody's got a link or two or a some xml files that could accelerate getting scanner fully up and running it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all for the assistance. Dave
    Last edited by Dave_In_VA; 04-28-2022 at 09:19 PM.
    2005 Corvette, Z51, 6sp Coupe:
    - TSP ported/milled LS3 heads
    - 11:1 compression
    - Ported OEM LS3 intake & LS2 throttle body
    - 222/230 113 +3, 0 degree overlap w/1.7 rockers
    - Comp 1.8 roller rockers
    - Lift w/1.8 rockers .630/.621
    - Johnson 2110 lifters
    - OEM LS3/7 Injectors
    - LS3/7 style CAI w/blade MAF sensor
    - Std. speed ATI balancer
    - C5r timing chain
    - ARH 1 7/8 headers w/cats
    - C6 Grand Sport MPP Mufflers with NPP in a Box
    - C7 ZR1 Style wheels: 18x9.5, 19x11
    - C6 Z06 Brakes

Advanced Tuner
    Ok. Put the stock MAP sensor back in. Forget about the wideband for now and turn closed loop back on. And measure the diameter of your intake tube...because if its not 6", your MAF cal is jacked up. And not sure I trust the IAT sensor and/or the bias/filter data...

You HAVE to get the hardware characterization sorted before trying to do any other calibration. It's literally low hanging fruit that makes life easier. You 100% have a MAP value error right now which influences your GMVE airflow calculation - so you've got one equation and two unknowns. No bueno. Start by replacing the MAP sensor with the stock one and putting the original cal values in. Do nothing else til you finish that.

Hang on. Who told you to use LS3 MAP specs? Do you have a LS3 MAP somehow bodged onto a LS2-style manifold?

What is the actual MAP sensor used here? 55573248/93192107? LS3 bolt-down style? Because those are the part numbers that match the specs you're trying to use. If your sensor looks like the top one here you should use the stock linear/linear b/offset of 94.43/31.48/10.33.

screenshot.29-04-2022 14.22.10.png

Advanced Tuner
    I do not mean to speak for Dave, but the car has a LS3 MAP and MAF. (His signature has the build specs...) He did not update those settings in his previous thread, so I gave him a file that used the LS3 data (IAT & MAP) from a stock 2008 Vette, if that was loaded in or not, I do not know. It seemed like it was when I looked at one of the other logs, KOEO baro was ~100kpa. Yes, offset was set to 0 since it cannot go negative. -.31 offset would not skew it that much would it? Bias/filter data was taken from a stock 2005 Vette M6 with matching OS. It previously looked to be copied from a GTO maybe? The IAT has always been high in the logs from Dave so I think he has a heat-soak problem and is idling this car in a garage with the hood closed in some of the logs.

I have sigs turned off (shout out to everybody who goes bling-crazy with large pics and animated gifs in there!). Help me out with a copy/paste?

Advanced Tuner
    Understandable. Pasta below courtesy of Daves signature.

- Johnson 2110 lifters
    - OEM LS3/7 Injectors
    - C5r timing chain
    - C6 Z06 Brakes

Thanks. I had a faint memory of 'LS3 top end' mentioned somewhere but didn't see it in reviewing the previous thread, only LS3 injector stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    I do not mean to speak for Dave, but the car has a LS3 MAP and MAF. (His signature has the build specs...)
    @eXo3901 is correct

He did not update those settings in his previous thread, so I gave him a file that used the LS3 data (IAT & MAP) from a stock 2008 Vette, if that was loaded in or not, I do not know.

@eXo3901, yes the starting point of my current tune is the one you suggested in this thread: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post683948 Thank you

It seemed like it was when I looked at one of the other logs, KOEO baro was ~100kpa. Yes, offset was set to 0 since it cannot go negative. -.31 offset would not skew it that much would it? Bias/filter data was taken from a stock 2005 Vette M6 with matching OS. It previously looked to be copied from a GTO maybe?
    The original tune which carried over until very recently I started getting forum help was by a tuner out of Texas who does a crap load of F bodies. I'm 99% certain he picked out an old tune and sent it to me as the starting point.

The IAT has always been high in the logs from Dave so I think he has a heat-soak problem and is idling this car in a garage with the hood closed in some of the logs.
    Correct analysis. Whenever possible I have been pulling out of the garage, opening the hood, and putting a fan on it. My most recent log pic was in the garage. I was focusing on seeing if I could get Lambda into Scanner. Which was a big accomplishment. The IAT was very high.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    And measure the diameter of your intake tube...because if its not 6", your MAF cal is jacked up. And not sure I trust the IAT sensor and/or the bias/filter data...

You HAVE to get the hardware characterization sorted before trying to do any other calibration. It's literally low hanging fruit that makes life easier. You 100% have a MAP value error right now which influences your GMVE airflow calculation - so you've got one equation and two unknowns. No bueno. Start by replacing the MAP sensor with the stock one and putting the original cal values in. Do nothing else til you finish that.

Am I ok on the items above? My IAT has shown hot a lot per above. Too much idling.

Attached is my latest tune and scan. And the log from last night. This showed Lambda reading propper.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dave_In_VA; 04-29-2022 at 05:41 PM.
    - Johnson 2110 lifters
    - OEM LS3/7 Injectors
    - C5r timing chain
    - C6 Z06 Brakes

Giving up on GMVE - For Now

I thought I had Lambda worked out in Scanner, I hadn't.

However, I do know how to put the car in SD mode and do separate VE tuning form MAF tuning.

While GMVE based on what I've read is a better method (I've not actually done it yet), there may be LM-2 related issues that I haven't figured out yet. Based on forum postings, the LM-2 is problematic.

So I put the engine in SD mode and did several tune cycles. My VE table started out splotches of red down low, and lots of read higher.

Now the VE Error table is almost all green. And my MAF errors are still mostly within acceptable bounds. I'm not worried about above 4K RPM red as that will be in MAF mode when done. There are still several areas that are too rich and a little leanness at far right that need to be resolved.

Thank you to all that assisted. Especially @eXo3901, without an build appropriate baseline tune, I would still be chasing my tail...

Below is a current pic of scanner and the last log results.

Dave
    2022-05-01.png
    Last edited by Dave_In_VA; 05-01-2022 at 03:21 PM.
    - Johnson 2110 lifters
    - OEM LS3/7 Injectors
    - C5r timing chain
    - C6 Z06 Brakes

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    Nope, keep car in normal blended air flow mode. I.e. maf and dynamic enabled like stock. A good filter and pillow like throttle transitions is key to good results.

Smokeshows and GHuggins formulas will work. In any case make sure that any channel involved with those formulas is polled at least 20Hz.

Say I already dialed my maf in pretty close. Could I leave blended air flow off until i get it closer and then turn it back on?

Tuner in Training
    Disregard I have to have it active to effect fueling.