Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help, please, for a total beginner?

There are diagnostic tests that run when a DTC is enabled; the diagnostic tests do not run when a DTC is disabled. The MAF diagnostic tests must run AND THEN FAIL and have a P0102 (Current) and/or P0103 (Current) for it to be in speed density. P0101, P0102, P0103 = MIL on First Error. Uncheck the SES Enable box if you don't want the light to be on constantly just because it has no MAF.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    There are diagnostic tests that run when a DTC is enabled; the diagnostic tests do not run when a DTC is disabled. The MAF diagnostic tests must run AND THEN FAIL and have a P0102 (Current) and/or P0103 (Current) for it to be in speed density. P0101, P0102, P0103 = MIL on First Error. Uncheck the SES Enable box if you don't want the light to be on constantly just because it has no MAF.

Okay, I think I got that. I don't care about the light. I just want the truck to run hlf way well so I have transportation. So I should enable DTC on the MAF and set "on first error".
    I want to thank you so much for the assistance. I'm just lost with this stuff. I can tune a small block with a carb and distributor with my eyes closed. But this is boggling to me. I truly appreciate the help.

EDIT: Okay, made the change in the file. Probably can't flash it until Saturday but will post back when completed.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by 2k-Sierra; 05-10-2022 at 08:49 AM.