Thread: HPTuners and regulations...

Potential Tuner

HPTuners and regulations...

Hi all,

So Cobb just released this. All emissions related settings are now gone from Accesstuner.
    https://www.cobbtuning.com/green-spe...te-april-2022/

My initial thought for some reason is HPT is based out of New Zeland, after chatting with a buddy and checking I'm very wrong.

HPT is USA based. I'm using HPT for my Duramax now, and HPT was my plan when I upgrade to a newer VA (2015-2021) Subaru STI...

Will functionality start being limited?
    If so, will Canadian customers be looped under the same rules as Americans despite no EPA?

Stuff has already started to be throttled here, many tables have gone away on vehicles.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

They got to them big time. Software will be almost useless with all the deletions, and "required" forced updates. That won't be good for their bottom line

Advanced Tuner
    HPT has already been quietly removing tables/features for quite some time. Most evident if you're on the beta builds like I have.

It's whatever. I don't like it, but it's hard to be angry at HPT about it. They are being forced to "come to an agreement" with EPA/CARB or else face much larger consequences.

If I had one recommendation for the HPT team it would be to better communication about all of these things. Versus one day guys update their software randomly one day and a bunch of stuff is now gone. Bad news doesn't get better with time and no one likes surprises like that. Surely there will still be lots of angry people, but open/honest communication is the way to go.