Thread: 15-21 wrx fa20

Tuner in Training

15-21 wrx fa20 support

Will HPT ever support this platform? Cobb is forcing an update on their software takes a lot of features away.

If HPT support the FA20 I would have never bought the Cobb junk. HPT is a far superior platform.
    Last edited by drj8787; 04-20-2022 at 09:10 AM.

Potential Tuner
    There's gonna be a LOT of ppl in this same situation. I personally am tuning 4 FA20DIT WRX's and we have to find an alternative to Cobb. Hoping it can be HPtuners.

Tuner in Training
    Yes there will be. If HPT supported this platform I would have bought it instead. Had HPT for a long time tuning LS based stuff. Was very disappointed the fa20 wasn?t supported. HPT is IMO way better than the competition at least for the average guy looking to turn his own stuff and not spend a small fortune on a standalone.

Unfortunately we try to not advertise our products in development. I know that doesn't help, but it's on our radar now that we've received more interest in the subaru market

Tuner in Training
    Good to hear. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Any news on this?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by drj8787 View Post
    Any news on this?
    I second this! Maybe Evan can help here

Potential Tuner
    Any updates other than "it's on our radar"? Just want to show more interest for HP tuners support for this engine. My stock block is begging for some bent rods lol.

Potential Tuner
    Hi there,

Just joined here strictly so I can post my interest on this thread. Have an HP setup for LS swaps, but I was excited to see they supported Subaru, then incredibly disappointed that the FA20 isn't supported. HP let me give you my money! Write the code already haha. Its a sweet piece of equipment, and would love to not have to buy an accessport.

Potential Tuner
    Plopping this comment here to follow for updates to potential future FA20/ FA24 support.

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone i am new to the "HP" community,

Ok so has there been any update on if "Hpt" will add the Fa20/24? I've seen the previous post but id figured, id give it a bump.

Potential Tuner
    Have to keep active,bump will hpt add the 21 wrx fa20 to supported vehicles???

Tuner in Training
    fa20 support!!!!

Why doesn?t HPT support the FA20 WRX? There?s STi support but nothing for the WRX? That?s lame.

I tuned my old GM car 15 years ago using HPT and it?s still running great today with 160,000 hard miles on it.

I?m looking to do the same with a VA WRX. Especially 2020-2021 model years.

I do not trust OTS tunes or even a protune by someone else. I?d rather tune the car myself with a wideband and HPT.

Please release support!

Tuner in Training
    currently for the VA chassis with a FA20, you are limited to tuning using a tactrix cable and subaruedit. Ill warn you though, subaruedit is kind of a pita. It does the job, and has all the tables needed to tune, plus the fa cars have a factory wideband front o2, so no need to add an aftermarket one. HPT for the EJ cars will work, but its really buggy. Id still say at this time, if you want to tune a subaru yourself, without a protuner doing it for you, get a tactrix cable and ecuflash for an EJ car, or Subaruedit for a FA car and have at it. Both work well, but each program only works with the specific engine type. This is due to the EJ using a DENSO ECU and the FA using a Hitachi ECU type. TOTALLY different setups lol. Good luck!

Ben

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lockner13 View Post
    currently for the VA chassis with a FA20, you are limited to tuning using a tactrix cable and subaruedit. Ill warn you though, subaruedit is kind of a pita. It does the job, and has all the tables needed to tune, plus the fa cars have a factory wideband front o2, so no need to add an aftermarket one. HPT for the EJ cars will work, but its really buggy. Id still say at this time, if you want to tune a subaru yourself, without a protuner doing it for you, get a tactrix cable and ecuflash for an EJ car, or Subaruedit for a FA car and have at it. Both work well, but each program only works with the specific engine type. This is due to the EJ using a DENSO ECU and the FA using a Hitachi ECU type. TOTALLY different setups lol. Good luck!

Ben

Do you know of anything that has support for the 2022+ VB WRX?
    The only things I see on the market are COBB and they do not have an options to edit/write the tune yourself. You have to pay a dealer and COBB removed access to their own software for user tunes.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lockner13 View Post

Ben
    Could you point me in some kind of direction that explains the monitors on Subaruedit. I've been working with it for the past week and am getting annoyed that some monitors I'd need aren't seeming to read, yet when I had the Cobb they did. Also there being multiple monitors with basically the same name but some read different or not at all, some have the asterisk next to them for an unknown reason...

Tuner in Training
    currently for the VB chassis, COBB is the only way to go. The car HAS to be emissions in tact meaning NO deletes like j pipe, egr, tgvs. I can get you an Accessport shipped direct to your door as Im a COBB dealer (can be verified on cobbs website) from discount auto service and repair. @discountautoservice on IG. I would rec calling torqued performance for a pro tune.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Could you point me in some kind of direction that explains the monitors on Subaruedit. I've been working with it for the past week and am getting annoyed that some monitors I'd need aren't seeming to read, yet when I had the Cobb they did. Also there being multiple monitors with basically the same name but some read different or not at all, some have the asterisk next to them for an unknown reason...

You MUST download the MOD version of the file matching your rom from the epifan download center they emailed the link to. If you have the mod version of the file open and ready to flash, save the file, open the flash utility, open the file from that window, flash using SE flash method. Once flashed, open SSM logger window, connect to car, then select the PIDS you need. Usually you will need to try the different versions of the PIDs with the same name to see what reads correct for your ecu. The * usually would mean its a 1,2,or 4 byte SSM engineering PID which is usually best to use if it works right for your ecu. use the insert button to start and stop logs and F5 to connect, Ctrl-D to disconnect. Always disconnect before turning car off or it will freeze and usually mess up the log. I hope this helps. PS- The MOD file version is the one that has the logger PIDS correct for logging.