Thread: Need HPT Tune file for Manual trans 12624402 OS

Need HPT Tune file for Manual trans 12624402 OS

I cannot find a manual tune for a G8 or Commodore with the same 12624402 OS as mine so I can do a segment swap for my T56 Magnum swap. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Don't think the segment swap wouldn't work on that vehicle. Probably going to have to start with a manual calibration file so all segments are correct.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 04-19-2022 at 01:48 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Care to elaborate on why it wouldn't work? Is it because there aren't any manual trans cars with that OS to do a segment swap with?

Which segments would you swap, since there is no TCM to put the segments into and no TCM segments in a manual trans tune file to pull segments from?

You need to grab the VIN from a manual-equipped car, plug that VIN into GM SPS, and program the ECM.

The segment swapper is for computers where the PCM/TCM are together, like the P01 and P59 computer for example.

Your G8 uses a E38 with a separate TCM controller. I think you either need to start with a manual OS on the engine side or you may be able to just change the ECM trans type from automatic to manual and start tuning it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I'll have a look mate on my other laptop is that 2009 etc...You can do it , have you had your other modules/bcm /cluster as a example programmed to a manual also

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jordansampson93 View Post
    I cannot find a manual tune for a G8 or Commodore with the same 12624402 OS as mine so I can do a segment swap for my T56 Magnum swap. Can anyone help me out? Thanks
    Here mate try this josh ve ssv 2009 manual as read stock tune file.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    I'll have a look mate on my other laptop is that 2009 etc...You can do it , have you had your other modules/bcm /cluster as a example programmed to a manual also
    Yes the other modules supposedly have already been flashed accordingly. I might have to find a TCM and plug it in for the ECM flash to take though.

Thanks for the file! unfortunately when I go to open the file it says "Unable to open file... This file is a part of a Remote Tuning network that i am not a part of."

Advanced Tuner
    What version are you running

Looks like 4.8.7
    Should I download the most recent version for it to work?