Thread: 06 RT 93 Tune?

Tuner in Training

Anyone have 06 Hemi 5.7 DS 93 Tune?

Hey I was wondering if anyone had a decent 93 tune for a 06 RT, with a CAI or not, was kind of thinking if someone had like the Diablosport canned tune, :P. Hate to buy a Diablo, and try to sell it just for the tune file .

Or any decent 93 tune, just to give me something to start with better than stock , till I finish up some other mods for a Real Custom Tune . Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by Cyberlocc; 04-19-2022 at 11:58 PM.

I'm assuming a 2006 Charger R/T? Do you have HP Tuners software and dongle? We would need a stock read of your car to really help you out.
    2013 Charger R/T - 1-3/4'' Longtubes, Catless Mids, 180 T-Stat, CAI, 6.4 Manifold Swap, 370whp@5600/411wtq@3950
    Contact [email protected] for Engine Building or Tuning needs!

Tuner in Training
    Yes 2006 Charger RT.

Dont have a HPT yet, plan to order one Friday.

In the meantime, have software, and been playing with it, and the stock files and wanted to check out the Diablo tune for the Car, and give that a go when the HP gets here.

Wasnt really looking for a custom one, as in the next few months I plan on doing Cam, 6.1 Heads, Headers. Just wanted a Diablo tune, as a good base and to play with , till then.

Car is pretty stock atm tho, CAI, Catch Can, 180 stat, and Straight Piped, but thats about it. The PCM is new (Well refurbed, but reflashed ect) so its 100% bone stock tune.

I have managed to find, in my search on here (its tough, because stuff isnt always named as lol) 2 2006 Ram 1500 D93s, and 2006 SRT8 D93 with brief explaining what is changed in D and a stock file for compare, to try and mimic it for a 5.7, someone else posted that a few years back on a similar thread, all he had was 6.1.

I want to try and find a stock ram tune, and see how diffrent it is from the charger, might be easy to adapt? IK the 300 tunes of 06 5.7s are the same as the Chargers.
    Last edited by Cyberlocc; 04-19-2022 at 09:36 PM.

Spend some time Watching

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEq...RPo3oJg/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQh...br6Z7oqJAV6LTg

Both those guys will be a good place to learn where to start.

I have D93 tune for an 04 Ram...I'll post it but It won't be much help

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    Spend some time Watching

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEq...RPo3oJg/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQh...br6Z7oqJAV6LTg

Both those guys will be a good place to learn where to start.

I have D93 tune for an 04 Ram...I'll post it but It won't be much help
    Thanks, and ya I have been watching alot of those, and Goat Rope.

Might just have to break down and buy a Diablo to get a started base tune for 93.

Its hard learning, watching alot of these guys, its Chevys, its Trucks or in the Case of Drop Top its 2012 charger, they have a Neural Network, and VVT, My car has neither of those. They only made my Engine for 2 years (in the Cars), finding videos around tuning it is a little harder .
    Last edited by Cyberlocc; 04-20-2022 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberlocc View Post
    Thanks, and ya I have been watching alot of those, and Goat Rope.

Might just have to break down and buy a Diablo to get a started base tune for 93.

Its hard learning, watching alot of these guys, its Chevys, its Trucks or in the Case of Drop Top its 2012 charger, they have a Neural Network, and VVT, My car has neither of those. They only made my Engine for 2 years (in the Cars), finding videos around tuning it is a little harder .
    why copy it? just create your own. that way you can learn as you go. Plenty of info out there.

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by N2speed View Post
    why copy it? just create your own. that way you can learn as you go. Plenty of info out there.
    Well for one, there really isnt. I have a 06, its one of the 3 years they made that are completely diffrent from the rest. All the videos and such, suggested earlier are all Eagle Engines, completely diffrent. Info on Tuning Pre Eagles is scarce, from what I have found. Like someone linked Drop Top and I been watching his stuff, including the video about tuning where he said "DO NOT DO any of this on a Pre Eagle, its completely diffrent"
    And "Diablo doesnt change, Air Flow stuff, thats covered in the Neural Network for these" (This does not apply to an 06)

From what I heard from Goatrope, a Pre Eagle is more akin to Chevy than Modern Dodge, its alot diffrent.

Even asking in Pre Eagle groups, for links to tuning info ect ends in "Just buy a Diablo Bro".

And I plan to use it to learn, I want to see the changes, and play with them slowly. Anotherwords, learning with Training wheels :P. Besides from what I have seen, there is tons of improvements to be made on the Diablo Canned, the Diablo canned is a Safe start to adjust from there and learn. Being able to see their tune, or any 06 charger tune, see whats changed vs stock, and then being able to google and understand why its changed, and why its changed to that, and what else could it be changed too.

This is what I watch Drop Top for ect, but again, from the little info I have seen, those VVT engines are a complete other world. Especially with that Neural Network, not even the timing is the same I have read.

Have you tuned pre eagles? Have a conflicting response to those saying its diffrent? Should I learn Eagle Tuning, and apply it to a pre eagle? What do I do to learn airflow changes, Chevy? There is a few youtubers, and tons of Info out there like you said. For tuning eagle engines, nothing for pre eagles, except maybe the Rams, but im pretty sure alot is diffrent there as well?

I know I can surely get some understanding from the videos, and info that is out there. But on that same vein, the biggest learning experience for me thus far I would say was actually Drop Tops Video, where he compared a Stock tune, to Diablo, to his Custom tune, what is changed by Diablo, how he changes it further, and why. There again, Diffrent car, NN, VVT.
    Last edited by Cyberlocc; 04-24-2022 at 10:22 PM.