Thread: 2010 Ram 5.7 with a 6.4 intake and injectors. Need help calibrating fuel injectors

Tuner

2010 Ram 5.7 with a 6.4 intake and injectors. Need help calibrating fuel injectors

I have a 2010 Ram 5.7 with a cam and a phase limiter,
    runs rich and won't stay running,

this should be a common swap but I need to calibrate the (0 280 158 310) injectors.

I tried comparing info on 2011 6.4 for injector voltage offset, didn't seem to help much.

Attachment 119435

no reason for bigger injectors just put the stock ones back in.

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Tuner
    all I want is injector data. Its a friend's truck. he already has the 6.4 intake on his truck as well. in order to use the stock injectors in the 6.4 intake he needs injector shims. no real reason he can't use 6.4 injectors

you are going to have to data log and make adjustment to the injectors if tuning with ANN on.

www.n2speed.com
    [email protected]

Tuner
    Neural Network will be disabled, cant get a data log if the truck won't run more than a few seconds. i already had to fix the can wires between C123 and C130 just to get it to read ecm. its an offroad long travel truck. GM and fords, subi, polaris, can am are my specialties, stock injectors are 42lb and from what I can find 6.4 injectors are 44lb, not a huge difference and you would think the truck would be within a 30 percent spread on the ve table. its a new build and was miss firing with a tad bit of rpm running, 2000 rpm range. pulled plugs some fuel saturated some not. he attempted to run it before I had the chance to help him out. i am going to verify power at all the coils, clean and gap plugs, and go from there. it would be nice to have injector data as stated this should be a common simple swap.

Quote Originally Posted by DB5249 View Post
    Neural Network will be disabled, cant get a data log if the truck won't run more than a few seconds. i already had to fix the can wires between C123 and C130 just to get it to read ecm. its an offroad long travel truck. GM and fords, subi, polaris, can am are my specialties, stock injectors are 42lb and from what I can find 6.4 injectors are 44lb, not a huge difference and you would think the truck would be within a 30 percent spread on the ve table. its a new build and was miss firing with a tad bit of rpm running, 2000 rpm range. pulled plugs some fuel saturated some not. he attempted to run it before I had the chance to help him out. i am going to verify power at all the coils, clean and gap plugs, and go from there. it would be nice to have injector data as stated this should be a common simple swap.
    The injector data is not the issue you are having as stated the 5.7L and 6.4L injectors are very close. It should start up and idle on its own even with 5.7L data. If it is not you have other issues going on. once started you data log and can scale injectors from there.

www.n2speed.com
    [email protected]

Tuner
    i will do a neural network tune for him later logging each cam phase angle vs ve in graphs, just trying to get it going. I appreciate the verified information

Tuner
    The engine was a fresh build, after i got the truck running it was miss firing, bank 2 showed it in the stft, rich compared to bank one, pulled out the handy dandy snap off scanner pulled pids on cylinder misfires and it was on 6, tested spark and fuel it had both, popped off the valve cover to find the exhaust pushrod was not seated to the lifter but pressing off against the block just enough to relieve compression. it fired right up after that. fighting more electrical problems not, bad throttle body and bad map sensor, more than likely more wires.
    Last edited by DB5249; 04-21-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Tuner
    I have the same set up. I will send you my injector data

Tuner
    I fully built my 2016 Ram here recently and went through just about everything you mentioned in your last post. Make sure you swap in your old 5,7L intake map sensor to put on your 6.4L intake. I know of a couple folks that have made this very mistake. I did this build solo so with some more details, I may be able to help you find your issue. Even if you can?t keep it running but for a few seconds, running a log while logging a bunch of parameters can prove to be quite helpful in pinpointing Any particular issue you may be having. I?ll hop on my laptop and send you that fuel data incase you haven?t gotten your hands on it yet.

Tuner
    Here you go.... 6.4L Truck Intake Injector data attached. I went ahead and sent my current tune so you can compare. This tune is far from perfect but Ive been driving my 2016 5,7L built/forged motor w./ Stage 3 Cam (223/232, 113 +3, .582/.582), racing +4cc dome pistons, 6.4L intake, ARH Long tubes, ect,ect.... so hopefully it can be of a little help at least. Injector data is in there.
    Attached Files Attached Files