Thread: MAF and VE Transient Filter

Tuner in Training

MAF and VE Transient Filter

Can anyone share a good filter they use to filter out the transients while doing open loop tuning with a wideband? I am working on dialing in my MAF and VVE on a 4th gen and seem to be chasing my tail a little and I believe it is due to the bad data I am getting in my scans.
    2007 Corvette LS2 M6 1 3/4 headers cam motion titan4 (227/232 613/596 113LS) Borla S-Type axle back

Tuner
    I’m close to the point of trying to tune my MAF and I found this thread which I’m sure I’ll reference as I begin.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-and-VE-Tuning
    I know there are many different ways to tune the MAF and if I find a way that works well for me I’ll be sure to post it. Good luck
    2017 Silverado 3500HD WT 6.0 flex fuel 6L90 6800lbs E78 T43

--- What am I doing??? Why did I do that??? ---

Advanced Tuner
    Honestly, its just easier to let the ECM do the work with the narrowbands (LTFT and STFT), and just use your wideband for WOT fueling adjustments. There are just too many things going on in the background, that the ECM is using to affect fueling, its really hard to filter. Just my opinion though.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by danmw2003 View Post
    Honestly, its just easier to let the ECM do the work with the narrowbands (LTFT and STFT), and just use your wideband for WOT fueling adjustments. There are just too many things going on in the background, that the ECM is using to affect fueling, its really hard to filter. Just my opinion though.
    I probably only have a couple hours a week to research and tune. Should I only work on MAF and WOT. I’m trying to learn VVE for when I install a larger cam. Am I in over my head on yet another project? If I can tune the idle, MAF, and WOT, but not VVE will it be enough?
    2017 Silverado 3500HD WT 6.0 flex fuel 6L90 6800lbs E78 T43

--- What am I doing??? Why did I do that??? ---

VE/VVE is still used for transients even when the tune is set up for MAF-only.

VE/VVE tuning with the ST+LT is easy, and if you are going to use closed loop my opinion is that it should be tuned in closed loop using the O2 sensors that will be in control of the fueling.