Thread: 2018 gt flex

Tuner in Training

2018 gt flex

Im having a weird issue with the flex tune. eq command idle is .9 , .85 lambda at idle and .80 to .86 cruising. In wot it doesn't change much. Car is acting like its strictly running off my WOT FFV values. I Dont understand why because all my flex data is accurate to an 18 f150. Maf on 93oct before was spot on by a 1% + or -(idle area 3%). Here's my file if anyone can take a peak id appreciate it!! Car is stock. This my First flex on 2018 gen3. Gen 2's I have zero issues with.
    Also why Is MAF Adaption disabled on 2018 19 gen 3??
    SPEARS NEW OS FIRST CHANGES.hpt
    Last edited by DCLTLLC14; 04-21-2022 at 06:51 AM.

Tuner in Training
    So i just tried to just tune it strictly on E85. with stoich afr at 9.86. Commanded EQ in log is .82 and fuel trims are with in 2%. What in gods name is going on here!?!?! lol ughhh

.85 lambda at idle and cruise ? Someone is getting scammed

Senior Tuner
    Fuel base cold FFV table is set to .86.

You may have changed this to help with cold starts, but once coolant temp is increased this can go back to stoich, and the base fuel default target can be used.

Tuner in Training
    I think by me increasing this for cold start in the normal operating temp range it stayed with that Lambda for some reason. I didn't think it would matter once it enters closed loop but I guess it does. Especially since it was in the open-loop tab.