Thread: TPS reads 0 volts always, sorry if doing this wrong me old dog tryin learn new tricks

Potential Tuner

TPS reads 0 volts always, sorry if doing this wrong me old dog tryin learn new tricks

hey guys i was hoping some of you match smarter younger guys might spare some of you'll techie wisdom. wrenched all my life now trying to add the computer component, they tell me its the future. so iam brand new to forums bare with me.

trying to get a 3gen 6l dbw from express swapped into a 02 S10 so far been able to YouTube or pages online and figure most of it out unfortunately search results keep coming up 0 results found or ill start watching or reading only to have there particular problem drift in a totally different direction then the one i am having and sense i am itching to let the s400 80 88 turbo scream i thought id try forums. yes you heard correctly, i figured just a swap EZ right why dont we make it interesting and turbo charge it to. now i may have gotten in a little over my head, tho i hope not. would be my norm life decisions.

truck fires up runs idles great got a base tune for a turbo 5.3 to get me close and it pretty much did. all except VCM scanner TPS voltage always reads 0 volts and that never changes i get a pedal % up to 110% if i really give it the beans but of course just as soon as you get on the pedal she comes up to 1500 and taps out holds close to there. assuming because computer will only error a certain % with a TPS error to try and avoid more costly damage that can happen when one is completely lost and blind anything above 1500 rpm seems about right where i would give up to. i put my electrical tools on the 8 pin connector and all them are showing correct or the varying one well there in there happy little windows as well.

if this helps at all, harness is from current performance custom one, computers a p59 funny story actually have two one that came from the drop out swap listing i bought from ebay motor trans 4l80e computer harness dbw pedal box and pedal 05 express 6l dbw sent that computer to current to have flashed and USPS delivered it in the speedy time of 11 months and 2 weeks. so yes why i was waiting on that bought another from a guy on ebay as well seemed to know his stuff so happens he said he set me up with base and ve tables from his 3 gen 5.3 78 75 to get me close but still need a tuner to finish up. couldn't make the current performance flash do anything no pedal no tps nothing dbw wise anyways.

if i had to guess prob just missing 1 or two thing boxes checked or adjusted and were good to go anyways. ill try to figure out how to upload logs with as much tps or dbw ch as possible as fast as i can figure it out. if i rambled on to long sorry about that to but been thrashing and crashing way way to many late nights trying to make LS fest west so tank is on empty brain wise. hope at least some of this makes at least a little sense to someone other then myself. thanks guys

You have current codes for:
    P1125 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) System
    P2120 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 1 Circuit

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
    ? The control module stores the DTC information into memory when the diagnostic runs and fails.
    ? The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.
    ? The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The control module stores this information in the Failure Records.
    ? If one or more APP sensor DTCs are set, the following occurs:
    - The control module commands Reduced Engine Power mode.
    - The APP indicated angle is limited to a predetermined value to limit the amount of throttle control.
    - OR
    - The APP indicated angle is limited to 0 percent. The control module only allows the engine to idle.
    - The message center displays Reduced Engine Power.
    Might be a clue in there somewhere.

screenshot.21-04-2022 10.01.38.png

And not enough relevant channels logged. Add anything throttle- or pedal-related. And don't use the generic SAE channels.

Potential Tuner
    got ya, good to know ill get right on having another sit down with her put more squeeze on tell she gives us the answers we need, she better talk

Potential Tuner
    hey thanks to yo guys that helped with this. it turned out the "drop out swap pkg from eBay" i had bought for the project turned out wasn't really a 1 car parts combo the pedal and TAC box where, well pedal was from some GM car. learned that they never installed the style i had got in express vans and the TAC box was from a 99 GM truck witch any truck above, without getting into the nitty gitty 99-02 don't really play nice with 03 and up and GM Car pedals def don't play at all with GM truck stuff. so in tell i got the right yr tac an pedal. i was able to kinda make it barley make it kinda function 5% ish maybe but as soon as i bought a pedal and tac box outta a 03-05 truck. everything just worked perfect. all in all frustrating and at times wanting to give up it was prob a good thing it made me dig deep into HP tuners giving me more experience to learn the system better understand it also confidence to de pin rewire and change the wiring harnesses and that none of it is to big of a animal you should shy away from. but because it really isn't as intimidating as it seems at first. it all can be done with determination and willingness to scourer the net until you find the right answer or key piece of information you need, to get you back to doing or even if its your first time burnouts and on to kill all tires once again.
    thanks again