Thread: 1999 Cummins Stock File

Potential Tuner

1999 Cummins Stock File

Hi

Looking For A Stock File For A 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins Automatic. Customer Brought it in with a tune in it that is completely
    wrong tried to put in back to stock with my J2534 Device Through Chrysler But because it is a "updated" file it will not Let me Wright over it
    SO I hope Some one has A stock file I can Put in With HP Tuner

Banned
    You have to modify the .flpart file to get it to the write through the J2534, pretty sure HP Tuners has no Cummins support for Cummins older than 2003

Potential Tuner
    Hi JIM all i Have is the file from Chrysler and it will Not Go in because it says it is already up to date and you are right I cant communicate with HP tunner on this year

Banned
    Not sure what calibration you are working for but here is a screenshot of an .flpart file, this file must be modified in order to flash the calibration, essentially making the J2534 think that the calibration you are trying flash to the ECM is a newer calibration.

flpart.png

Banned
    If you tell me the calibration number you are needing, it?s on the engine data plate, either the valve cover or on the pump and your email, I can send you the calibration and the .flpart file for the calibration in question.

Potential Tuner
    The Number On the Tag And the cover is 53040202AB my email Is [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtech1412 View Post
    Hi

Looking For A Stock File For A 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins Automatic. Customer Brought it in with a tune in it that is completely
    wrong tried to put in back to stock with my J2534 Device Through Chrysler But because it is a "updated" file it will not Let me Wright over it
    i know this is off topic but i need some info on the vp-44 pump. maybe you could help me or steer me in the right direction. my vp-44 has a seized fuel solenoid. i was wondering if i replaced the solenoid with an fuel shutoff solenoid from a p-pump to activate the needle valve so i can get fueling to the injectors and will the fact that i plan on keeping it on , will it interfer with the refueling of the other plunger fueling events?
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtech1412 View Post
    Hi

i have a friend that has a 99 cummings, would hptuners read the file? if so, ill have that for you in a few.
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Banned
    Only supports down to 2003

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Only supports down to 2003
    ooops