Thread: Camaro is buckling around 1500rpm, LS3 and cam

Potential Tuner

Camaro is buckling around 1500rpm, LS3 and cam

Have changed cam in a Camaro 2013 LS3 to a BTR step 1 and have problems with jerky driving around 1500rpm even though the car is on lambda 1. This happens on cruising with the trottle still. No matter if I drive in MAF only or Speed ​​denisty. Above 2000rpm and on WOT it runs good. SD is not completely tuned yet but is in the range of +/-3%.

I experienced this even before I changed the cam on the car but it's even more distinctly now.

Anyone that have an idea about this problem? Have also experimented on torque tuning as well without any result.

We will need logs and the tune file.

We will need logs and the tune file, but I would look at what the timing and throttle position is doing during this jerking as my first suggestion.

Potential Tuner
    Have done some more SD tuning/logging to day. Tune and log file attached.
    Thinking this may be a torque issue? Experience that the buckling appears mostly on deceleration around 1500rpm and 40km/h.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Torque management is actuating when it's doing it. Now whether or not that's the cause or the result is what you have to figure out.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Have done some more tuning on the car now and the bucking have got a lot better, but not as good as I want it to.
    I got the biggest improvement of the bucking when I disabled "Spark smoothing".

Would be very thankful if someone could help me take a look at my tune and log for what I have missed. I'm running out of ideas..
    Could it be injection timing that is wrong because of the cam? The specs are 223/230 .613/.605 115+2.

Senior Tuner
    Thats a nasty spot just here
    Screenshot 2022-05-21 032208.png
    As per GHuggins, need to find out why you've got TM kicking in. And the second part of the screen shot is it looks like the timing is heading to DFCO land. If you watch it while you're driving and confirm its coming in to early then you can change the entry conditions.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensa View Post
    Have done some more tuning on the car now and the bucking have got a lot better, but not as good as I want it to.
    I got the biggest improvement of the bucking when I disabled "Spark smoothing".

Would be very thankful if someone could help me take a look at my tune and log for what I have missed. I'm running out of ideas..
    Could it be injection timing that is wrong because of the cam? The specs are 223/230 .613/.605 115+2.

Try this.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    How do I find out why TM is kicking in? Any more PID's I need to log?
    It doesn't get any better with DFCO deactivated.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Alvin! I tried the settings from you, but I couldn't notice any improvement for the bucking. When you max these tabels out, can't you just turn the switches to deactivate instead, or is ther something more behind?
    I find the bucking most noticeable on deceleration around 1500rpm, but even some on steady trottle.

What I also changed this time was the virtual torque to my standard setting. Had this slightly increased before. Now I noticed that on DFCO the car now wanted to decel. Before it felt like on/off, so the torque tabels probably was set to high.

The log also indicates of misfires from 2500rpm and down. Have already made it less sensitive for indicating misfire but there is a lot anyway, but it doesn't show any fault codes. I have new spark plugs TR6 in just a week ago.

New tune and log attached.