Thread: O2 Sensor Help Needed

Tuner

Narrowband O2 Sensor Help Needed - Expected PCM Output Voltages

Hi All,

I'm chasing some electrical gremlins in my 0411PCM LS1 swap into an 85 TransAM and need some help with what I should be seeing on the O2 Sensor wiring.
    These are using the flat black 4 pin O2s for Bank1 & 2 pre cat, no second sensors, and I have a wideband for tuning on left exhaust only.
    When I log in HP tuners when the car fires up, my left o2 is sitting around 0.1v-0.3v and the Wideband is completely lean (20.0), the right side is sitting on 0.448v with a bit of a twitch but doesn't move. ( suspecting it could be dead)

Here's the thing though, the right side is nice and hot at the exhaust side, but the left side I can grab onto after a minute of the car running and it's only slightly warm, like it's not even firing.
    I checked all the coil wiring and injectors for correct voltages, 12v where it should, ground on the coil pack, and about 430ohms on the control wires.

I got down to the O2 sensors and got these readings:

Left side:
    Pin A: 4.4v
    Pin B: 1.26v
    Pin C: GND
    Pin D: 12.4v

Right Side:
    Pin A: 4.4v
    Pin B: 1.26v
    Pin C: 12.4v
    Pin D: GND

I was told the heater pins C&D don't matter with polarity, but as far as I know Pin A is meant to be low reference so I was expecting something of a 0v / GND continuity situation and Pin B is High which I expected would be 1.0v.

Is anyone able to confirm what voltage should be outputted from the harness when the O2 sensor is unplugged?
    Last edited by evilstuie; 04-24-2022 at 08:34 PM.

Tuner
    No-one knows?

I'm yet to test the voltages for each when the sensor is plugged in but I guess that's my next step.

For all the 0411 Pinout guides I'm surprised no-one ever made a table with the expected input/output values for each pin to help with troubleshooting and diagnostics for wiring harnesses.
    I'm working on my own one but it's only useful if my PCM is operating correctly, which at this point I'm now doubting.

Tuner
    FYI, problem was the left coil packs were plugged in back to front, 7-5-3-1 instead of 1-3-5-7