Thread: 2010 Cobalt 2.2 Supercharger kit/ 60s tuning help

Tuner in Training

2010 Cobalt 2.2 Supercharger kit/ 60s tuning help

I am helping my buddy install the supercharger kit on his base model automatic he got from zzp. I was wondering if anyone can send me a copy of there tune file with a set of 60 injectors and the stock 3.1 pulley. i am looking to reference the throttle
    body changes for the Lsj tb as well as the changes need to the 2.2s base tune file for the 60s. Basically any help anyone can give ua to try and get the car running again.

The car is a 2010 Cobalt 2.2 Auto. Running 91 Octane with ZZP supercharge kit with the stock Lsj Tb.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by QuickSilver_ss; 04-24-2022 at 05:45 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I just did this to my 2009 2.2 in a Goblin. I used 42lb Bosch green injectors, so my numbers are different.

Changing this table got it to run with the new injectors:
    Inj Table.PNG

I have not changed anything for the LSJ TB. I re-wired it at the connector. I do have a throttle hang I'm still attempting to get rid of, but the car runs well other than that.

Be sure to do MAF tuning and dial spark way back.

I could send you my tune if you really want, but it has the wrong injector scaling and I'm still working on some details.

Tuner in Training
    If you could send me your tune that would be great . I am having an issue where the car will rev at idle. But pops a p0106 engine code. And will not take any gas when trying to drive it past about 2500 rpm. below 2500 rpm it seems mostly okay.

Here is a copy of my tune file if someone can take a look at it and see if it is set up right for the Lsj throttle body ( opening rate ) , 60s and the 4 bar map sensor. I just cant seem to figure out why the car really doesnt want to work well at all.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by QuickSilver_ss; 05-03-2022 at 06:58 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I can't open your rune right now, but I had to change my throttle area scalar from about 1600 to 2950 and that fixed my hanging revs. Double check that. Also, check your MAP sensor linear and offset and make sure they're set for the correct sensor.

Tuner in Training
    Can ANYONE take a quick look at this short Log and the tune file and tell me why they think the car is telling me it has a p0106. The LTFT look to be like minus 25 is at throttle. And the map sensor seems to be reading. But the car keeps popping the code for it, And when ever i give the car gas at about 2500 rpm it just dies and almost stalls. It doesn't , but almost. Its basically undriveable, Yet it fires right up and purrs like a kitten at idle and revs perfect in the drive way in neutral or park. But once driving. It wont go past 2500 rpm at all. no matter the throttle position. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank You !!!

The car is a 2010 Pontiac G5 2.2L Automatic. With the ZZP Supercharger kit. Lsj TB and 60s, 4 Bar Map Sensor.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I tried updating my HP Tuners and it still won't let me see your tune. It really sounds like the MAP isn't scaled right. Can you tell me what the map linear and map offset are?

Tuner in Training
    I changed the Map.sensor Linear to 424.99 and the Map Offset to -32.50. In the Airflow/ General tab in the editor. Is there another area and or tab and or setting that should be changed for it as well ? Or to have it scale properly ? When I try to drive it at all. The Stft are like +25 to +30 for the Stft. And the Ltft seems to float up and down between +10 ish to + 20 ish as well. It will barely go past 2500 rpm. And I constantly get a p0106 code for the Map/Baro sensor. And as soon as I clear it. It comes back instantly. I have replaced the sensor with another brand new one. Same symptoms and code/issues.

Senior Tuner

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post

If i am understanding this post properly. It is saying that i need to change the Map sensor Linear from 424,99 to 84.99. And keeping the Map Offset at -32.50. So i changed the settings in HP tuners and flashed the changes to the cars ecu. But the car wouldn't even start at all. It would just continually crank with out starting. But as soon as i put the Map sensor Linear back to 424,99 and re-flashed it again, it would fire right back up and idle, Its not drivable... but at least started. Am i understanding the post properly ?

Senior Tuner
    Yes, you are understanding it properly and it works fine for my car with a 4bar map sensor. I would guess that your values may have been faulting things to a limp mode that allowed it to barely run. But all I have messed with is the LNF so that is about all of the help I can provide.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    some ecu's have sensor calibrations where the map sensor linear rate is reported in kpa/volt and others kpa/5volt. You need to look at the ecu model and verify which one you have. There should be a hints section in the editor that will tell you the scale format for your ecu. If you're starting at 424.99 and not at 84.99 then your ecu likely wants the kpa/5volt value.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 05-10-2022 at 10:44 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    some ecu's have sensor calibrations where the map sensor linear rate is reported in kpa/volt and others kpa/5volt. You need to look at the ecu model and verify which one you have. There should be a hints section in the editor that will tell you the scale format for your ecu. If you're starting at 424.99 and not at 84.99 then your ecu likely wants the kpa/5volt value.
    So check a stock tune to get an idea of the correct scale that the ECU is looking for? Or is it pretty much just the LNF that has the parameter description wrong?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    You should always check the installed sensor calibration data so you know the range. Assess the ECM values to verify the scale the ECM is using. Not all applications ask for the same scale value, but as long as they as for the zero point (offset) and a point anywhere in the 5volt signal range, then the ECM knows the linear plot of the sensor. Back to basic math, you only need to know two points to plot a straight line. Thats all the ECM is doing with these two values.

I just downloaded the latest Beta software and opened my LNF files. The HPT Editor description for "[ECM]4010 - MAP Sensor Linear" and "[ECM]4020 - Boost Sensor Linear" are incorrect. The value reported in the E69 for the LNF is supposed to be kPa/volt. So if you have a 3 bar sensor installed in an LNF then you should show a value of 65.89 kPa for the linear.

For an E37, then you would change the linear to 329.45 kPa for the same 3 bar sensor because it reports in kPa/5volt.
    If you are using the 4 bar sensor from ZZP then for the E37 your values should be 424.99 kPa Linear [ECM]4010 and 10.3 kPa Offset [ECM]4011.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Senior Tuner
    Thanks for the clarification.