Thread: Any Professional Audi Tuners Here?

Potential Tuner

Any Professional Audi Tuners Here?

Hi All,

I'm finally ready to step off OTS tunes and get custom tuned on my 2015 Audi S3 8v.

Alas, no threads on here for known tuners!

I'm looking for someone to tune me for a Stage 2 setup. I'll be racing this car for the next couple years, and while I do know how to do some tuning, I ain't no pro.

I'll need someone that can be available during and/or after race weekends to evaluate any issues that may have come up. I might make minor adjustments here and there myself at the track, however any major changes or problems I would need to rely on your expertise.

Unless you're in my very remote area (Great Lakes Region), this will probably be 100% remote tuning.

Anyone game for the gig?

~Nick

Advanced Tuner
    You won't find too many professionals tuning with hptuners for these cars, given the amount of OTS type tunes and other more capable custom tuning platforms (Cobb). A few small shops maybe, but mostly DIY guys.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the input Aaronc7. I kinda figured, but thought "hey, gotta ask!"

These locked OTS maps make doing actual motorsports with Audi a little difficult. While I'm still learning to tune (been doing it a few years, but still have many areas of discomfort), having a professional give me a base tune helps me feel warm and fuzzy.

THanks again!

~Nick

Advanced Tuner
    I don't do this in any sort of professional/$$ capacity, but I'd be happy to help you with a base map, especially if you're looking to learn and tune yourself. There is open some free tuning/flashing options for this platform that have many of the features of HPT and more, if you're interested. I have a 2017 Audi S3, which was "stage 2" for quite some time, but now I am running a Vortex hybrid turbo and MPI with flex fuel.

Potential Tuner
    It would be amazing if you could help me with a base stage 2 map!! I've been tuning a 02 WRX for the last year or so, but still not great and I dont have friends that can tune that can check my work.

I have a 2015 S3 with APR stage 2 ots currently.

And I'm happy to toss you some chips for your time and knowledge if you like.

Thanks man.

Advanced Tuner
    I'll send you a PM

Potential Tuner
    Hey aaronc7, sorry for the late response. I had an off track adventure and had to focus on hardware repairs for the last month. I've put in some extra protections to avoid breaking things like my oil pan again, so I can get back to focusing on software.

I'm definitely interested in hearing about some of the opensource/free stuff you mentioned, primarily because the HPT doesn't seem to have left-foot-braking available on the MQB platform. That's a requirement as it's a technique I use while racing. ALso, the fueling will be something I need to address later as I will most likely upgrade to E85 in the next year or so, and I'll need to be able to control the port and direct injectors.

I'm definitely on the #LearnToTune train, and have been for a couple years. If you could help me with a base map, and I can do some comparisons with the stock map, that would be a fantastic start.

Thanks brother, chat soon.

PS - I've seen you all over the forums. I just want to say Thank You for the entire community here - you've been a fantastic contributor.