Thread: What do I need

What do I need

Hello, I?m new to this and would like to learn how to tune my own vehicles. I?m starting off with. 99 Silverado swapped into a 69 C10. What do I need to get started? Will the latest HP device have everything, or will I need to order an extra cable of some kind? I have a laptop with with windows 7 or better. What do I need from here? Thank you

The standard device is all you need. The PRO upgrade makes it far easier when running extra sensors like wideband oxygen sensors that are used for tuning. Anything that is pre-canbus on the electronics would make that PRO upgrade much easier for wiring in stuff like that. Like the 1999 Silverado engine/computer are well before can-bus on GM vehicles.

You will require a wideband oxygen sensor if you really want to learn how to tune, so to me that is a worthwhile upgrade to buy.

The extra cable or other things totally depends on what you are tuning, so you'd have to research stuff on those specific vehicles. Mainly Mopar stuff that is newer needs an extra cable.

Past that you just need to purchase the correct amount of credits for whatever vehicle you are tuning. Refer to the supported vehicles list on the main website so you know how much that will run you per vehicle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you