Thread: New Guy Help

Potential Tuner

New Guy Help

New guy here and first thread. I have a 15 Silverado that recently lost a lifter and trashed the cam in the process. So I ended up with a TSP cam new lifters pushrods and DOD delete. I bought HP tuners and ordered a mail order tune. My issue is I'm getting a right bank high knock fault P0333. I did have them replace the knock sensor on that side. There is no audible knock and the initial tune is fairly conservative, until I can get a data log to send to the tuner. It was tuned for 91 and I'm running 93, and have tried 93 with an booster and still have the same problem. The shop who did the work will take a look at it but I'm 2 weeks out before they can get me in. I don't believe there is any knock at least not related to timing as it's retarding through the whole range of RPMs and load, it's also only sensing knock on one side of the block. The only other thing I could see is if it's an injector problem, so my question is if it were injector related would I get any other codes or indication pointing to that. I'm considering turning off our at least turning down knock sensitivity to that bank for the time being. But wanted everyone's input. I'm not a mechanic, I'm not a tuner I am handy but know my limits. I'm also open to getting into a more detailed trouble shooting that doesn't evolve getting into the motor to much. My other option is just leave it alone and suffer through the bad gas mileage and general doggyness of the truck for a couple more weeks. Which if that's what needs to be done so be it. I'm just leaning towards more of an electrical issue related to the knock sensor or harness at this point but didn't know if I'm missing something. Thanks for the help.

Tuner
    are you showing knock on your logs? P0333 is a short to voltage code for that knock sensor. Id look over your harness good, especially if this started after the engine work. and especially if they replaced the sensor. chances are you have a pinched harness somewhere. good luck.

Tuner
    check the harness around the vacuum pump. its really common to have a wire that has the insulation rubbed thru, if there was no damage during engine work.

Im having the same code come on and sounds like the same symptoms as you. did you ever resolve this issue? just looking for ideas where to look. will definitely look more at the harness around the vacuum pump since that has been changed out a few times that i know of.
    2015 GMC sierra 1500 stock

Asking someone who made only one post almost a year ago and never bothered to come back is probably not the most efficient way to find a solution to your problem.

I see, I didn't realize this was their only post
    2015 GMC sierra 1500 stock