Thread: Trouble downloading program/VATS disabled

Tuner in Training

Trouble downloading program/VATS disabled

Here's the problem, a friend of mine bought a 2006 Cadillac CTS in 2015, he had issues with the car starting, namely turn the key and nothing happens. Being the hardhead that he is he wanted to fix it himself, he's great with late 60's cars but computers stuff is beyond him, so for the last 7 years he tried all manor of things to correct issue, new passlock sensor, bypassed start relay to crank from under hood, then couldn't get the car to shift out of park. Now he has a security/theft alarm. he wanted me to download program and disable VATS, I have HP tuners Pro and tried to download but only a few areas show with information and the tune download shows only 155KB of info. My question is when VATS is tripped is the ability to download the affected? My opinion at the time he encountered this issue was to take to the dealer, reflash the OEM program and/or get a new key.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HLF FST View Post
    My question is when VATS is tripped is the ability to download the affected?
    No.

Tuner in Training
    So if this doesn't affect downloading the tune, then could cause downloading to be incomplete? My version of HP tuners is compatible with a 2006 Cadillac CTS and it took about 19 minutes for what was downloaded.

Advanced Tuner
    You don't say what engine it is, but unless it was a CTS-V, it has a V6, which uses the E55 controller as I recall, and there's no VATS disable feature for it.