Thread: Sea-Doo diagnostic capabilities

Tuner in Training

Sea-Doo diagnostic capabilities

I'm looking for an idea on what this software can do. The website says"Troubleshoot codes, make advanced calibrations, monitor your performance, and more with our user-friendly and cost-effective tools." It seems like from what I have read that you can't do anything without patching the os or correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking to find out a little about the"more" part. I want to remove the gps speed limiter and program a few keys. It seems like the speed limiter would probably be no prob for HPT but I'm not sure about the keys. If anyone has used this on their Sea-Doo let me know how it was. I have HPT already so it just seems convenient if this will work.

Tuner
    no issues with removing the GPS speed limiter.
    I have not tried to program keys with it yet, but you can changed what the keys do. (full power, learner, etc)

however, because you need to purchase tuning credits, I would be doing more than just removing the speed limiter.. LOL

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the input on it. I might venture into some light tuning on it future but for now I just was to remove the gps speed limiter. That's good for about 5mph on my RXP. The SCOM is 200 so it's really not much more with the cable and the credits since I already have HPT for my truck. I was just looking to get an idea on people's experience with it before I drop money on credits to find out I can't even override the GPS limit.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMCNALLY86 View Post
    Thanks for the input on it. I might venture into some light tuning on it future but for now I just was to remove the gps speed limiter. That's good for about 5mph on my RXP. The SCOM is 200 so it's really not much more with the cable and the credits since I already have HPT for my truck. I was just looking to get an idea on people's experience with it before I drop money on credits to find out I can't even override the GPS limit.

you can do full ECM tuning with it.
    raise rev limiter, adjust fueling, timing, etc...
    anything you need to do to tune the ski.
    I will say that there's a bit of a learning curve.

Tuner in Training
    I'm getting ready to try and remove the limiter from my 20RXT... To understand the very first few steps... I have to "read" the ecu and then send that info to HP so that they can send me back a opened calibration? something to this extent?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SloSVO View Post
    I'm getting ready to try and remove the limiter from my 20RXT... To understand the very first few steps... I have to "read" the ecu and then send that info to HP so that they can send me back a opened calibration? something to this extent?
    the "read" will download the stock file from HP Tuners to your computer.
    you edit that file and write it back to the ECM.

save the edited file as a different name than your stock file, so that you'll always have the stock file to compare or revert back to.

Tuner in Training
    Been using the software for a bit now and can share my experience. It does read DTCs and you can clear them. Also reset the maintance light. As far as adding keys, I do not believe that is available but could be wrong, just have not seen where that could be.

As far as the stock file, it is good to keep for comparing but not used to put back to stock. That is done in the drop down of the write.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post
    the "read" will download the stock file from HP Tuners to your computer.
    you edit that file and write it back to the ECM.

save the edited file as a different name than your stock file, so that you'll always have the stock file to compare or revert back to.

SO I come to realize that I dumber than I thought I was... Went to the ski. set everything up.. using the editor, clicked on "read" it reads it, bar goes green, says read complete.. but no option to save or anything.. what am I missing??