Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Injectors are not firing in a L92 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2

Tuner in Training

Injectors are not firing in a L92 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2

Hi guys,

I got a stock file for a GMC Yukon Denali 6.2 by a guy here and everything seems pretty good, i have ignition, fuel pressure and disabled the VATS.
    When I pilot injectors myself by sending a constant + and -, engine is starting and "running".
    How can i fix it in HPtuners ? i attach my tuning file 2008GMCYukonDenali62LblackStock.hpt

Thanks !

Did you Write Entire after disabling VATS?
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    Absolutely, and i double checked by reading the vehicule and VATs are disabled

E38 is a Gen4.

Can't diagnose much from only a tune file.

Has this ever run since your last thread, with the +100psi fuel pressure issue? I see there's now a T43 in the file - how about you pretend we have no idea what you are working with and explain in great, excruciating detail what parts you have, what you've done to them, and what you are trying to do.

Why disable only half the EVAP codes? Why disable fuel level sensor ckt high DTC but not fuel level sensor ckt low? Why AC pressure sensor ckt low but not ckt high?

Tuner in Training
    Hi, ok i'll tell you all the story.
    We are trying to run an engine that we got. We are going to plug a manual trans that we didn't plug yet cuz we saw that we didn't need it to work.

Concerning the engine itself, It is a GMC Yukon Denali 6.2L. We bought a new simplified harness, air intake, and O2 sensors.

Concerning the issue of the fuel pump, it's done, we bought a big pump with a filter that is also a regulator with a return for the excess of pressue as it is supposed to be.

Concerning the tune itself, as tou probably saw, i got it from a guy from a GMC Yukon Denali 6.2 stock so i thought everything was ok to run. The only thing i did on it is to remove VATs.

Now that you are aware of the situation, what you think about the issue we got ?

Thanks For the help and sorry for not being use to how it works here !

Advanced Tuner
    Are these tunes you acquired modified versions of your original stock tune you read out with HPTuners? Are you taking random files and flashing them? Are you comparing these stock tunes to your original and copying over changes?

You cannot just flash random tune files. You need to flash the computer with SPS/techline to a known working configuration then read that out with HPT and modify that file.

Tuner in Training
    That's the point, we had a modified tune in the ECU that was nearly empty and absolutely not editable. So i asked for a stock tune of the same engine that should be good for the engine because stock.

Advanced Tuner
    So, if you could not edit the modified file what are you trying to do with the other stock file you have?

Correct: Did you re-flash the non-editable and modified file with a stock tune using GM SPS/Techline. Then read that out with HPT. Confirm its editable, then copy settings from the stock file you acquired to the newly flashed editable tune?

Incorrect: Are you trying to write the stock file you acquired to the computer that has the original file you cannot edit?

Quote Originally Posted by lizard_garage View Post
    Hi guys,

I got a stock file for a GMC Yukon Denali 6.2 by a guy here and everything seems pretty good, i have ignition, fuel pressure and disabled the VATS.
    When I pilot injectors myself by sending a constant + and -, engine is starting and "running".
    How can i fix it in HPtuners ? i attach my tuning file 2008GMCYukonDenali62LblackStock.hpt

Thanks !

The file you uploaded in post #1 is not stock - it is a Frankenstein of segments.

The System Segment is 12622224 (it should be 12622225). The 12622224 segment is from a 2008 Escalade 6.2L 6L80 4x2.

The Speedometer segment is 12593161 (it should be 12615542). The 12593161 segment was used in 2008 Trucks with a 4L65 transmission.

The Slave Operating System and the Engine Calibration segments are not displayed, and cannot be written via tuning software. If either of these segment are a mismatch, issues will arise.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    The file you uploaded in post #1 is not stock - it is a Frankenstein of segments.

The System Segment is 12622224 (it should be 12622225). The 12622224 segment is from a 2008 Escalade 6.2L 6L80 4x2.

The Speedometer segment is 12593161 (it should be 12615542). The 12593161 segment was used in 2008 Trucks with a 4L65 transmission.

The Slave Operating System and the Engine Calibration segments are not displayed, and cannot be written via tuning software. If either of these segment are a mismatch, issues will arise.
    Damn... Ok so it's not a fresh start for us... thanks for the information, i'm going to try to find a real stock file...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    So, if you could not edit the modified file what are you trying to do with the other stock file you have?

Correct: Did you re-flash the non-editable and modified file with a stock tune using GM SPS/Techline. Then read that out with HPT. Confirm its editable, then copy settings from the stock file you acquired to the newly flashed editable tune?

Incorrect: Are you trying to write the stock file you acquired to the computer that has the original file you cannot edit?
    The file that was in the ECM was editable but not exploitable because nearly empty. What i tried to do was to take the "stock" file to re write it in the ECM. If i understand what you are saying, i can't do it and i must flash it before with the GM SPS/Techline ?

Why are you not starting out with, say, a 2008 Corvette LS3 calibration? This is a swap/standalone? No BCM or ABS or other crap? If you need an early (pre-2009) E38 file with manual trans, I'm not sure there are any other choices.

The first file you posted in your first thread had been converted to a custom OS which left the VVE tables blank. Is that what you're referring to when you say 'nearly empty'?

Tuner in Training
    Yes, the file was very light compare to others and thats what we saw some tables were empty.
    So, if i write a 2008 corvette LS3 file on my ECU, it can work ? Because the engine is standalone with nothing unnecessary, only a manual trans.

Thanks again for your help

Buy a used ECM pre-programmed to VIN 1G1YY36W285102738, I suspect that will be easier, quicker, cheaper than finding someone who can flash the one you already have.

Tuner in Training
    Do you have an idea of where i can find it ? And you don't think i can do it myself ?

Quote Originally Posted by lizard_garage View Post
    Do you have an idea of where i can find it ? And you don't think i can do it myself ?
    You can do it yourself if you have the proper tooling...
    - GM MDI (or equivalent Pass through module)
    - Subscription to GM SPS (which I believe is now TLC) to access the proper file using the VIN he provided

The Chinese knock of of the real GM MDI is $200
    I believe its $50 for the file to download from TLC
    You're flashing it into an ECM that could possibly have issues

I'm on no way endorsing this link, it was the first that popped up in my search, for $185 you can have exactly what you want, possibly tomorrow..

https://www.fs1inc.com/2008-chevrole...BoCvW4QAvD_BwE
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

If the internet where you live can connect to eBay, search for '12612384' + 'programmed'. You'll supply the seller the VIN you want it programmed for, they will SPS it and send it to you.

This is one at random from near the top of the list, offers worldwide shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/185129351820

ANY E38 with service number 12612384 can be programmed to become anything that uses that same number. A Saturn Aura 12612384 is exactly the same hardware as a Pontiac G6 12612384 is exactly the same hardware as a Corvette 12612384 (except like always, anything listed with 'Corvette' in the title will be much more expensive).

(fyi, the VCX Nano comes with a cracked version of TIS2000, which is totally offline and does not connect to GM for licensing or anything else, and can program pre-2009s (no updates to the DB after that) so it might not have the very latest calibration release, but it can do them, and for free)

edit: Or maybe it's not cracked/nothing to crack, the TIS from that era was always a standalone app that came on CD mailed to the dealers. I know I still have old rips of TIS & eSI discs floating around somewhere on an old retired hard drive.
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 05-02-2022 at 03:22 PM.

I have bought several modules of all types from FS1. My only issue I have ever had was slow shipping times. Says it will be 5 biz days and it ends up 10 or 12. Other than that always latest programming etc and CHEAP. Last was a PT Cruiser everyone wanted $500 un-programmed. They did it programmed for $260

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    I have bought several modules of all types from FS1. My only issue I have ever had was slow shipping times. Says it will be 5 biz days and it ends up 10 or 12. Other than that always latest programming etc and CHEAP. Last was a PT Cruiser everyone wanted $500 un-programmed. They did it programmed for $260
    Good to know!