Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Injectors are not firing in a L92 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2

Tuner in Training
    Ok,thanks all of you for your answers and you help. The main issue of all of this is shipping, it is nearly the same price for shipping and the module itself (150$ for france and 1 month delivery). however, we already have a pass through module and the E38 itself, wouldn't it be worth doing it ourselves ? Especially if we want to do it for other engines in the future ? Because if i understand everything well, i'll have to flash the device with SPS ? So, HPTuners will never be in the equation ?

Quote Originally Posted by lizard_garage View Post
    Ok,thanks all of you for your answers and you help. The main issue of all of this is shipping, it is nearly the same price for shipping and the module itself (150$ for france and 1 month delivery). however, we already have a pass through module and the E38 itself, wouldn't it be worth doing it ourselves ? Especially if we want to do it for other engines in the future ? Because if i understand everything well, i'll have to flash the device with SPS ? So, HPTuners will never be in the equation ?
    If you can Flash from GM site, yes do it
    I would use the VIN provided by blindsquirrel

Then you should have a perfectly matched OS totally stock
    From there you can Tune with HP Tuners, or any other software.

EDIT
    I'm not sure if you might have to disable VATS after GM flash. If so obviously that will take a flash from some other software or wiring in a resistor or something.
    Last edited by dhoagland; 05-03-2022 at 09:09 AM.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    Ok, that sounds the fastest and easiest way to do it for us. We have a tech2 for GM. What is the site you are talking about to flash ?

I'll first try to flash it before thinking about tuning it ahah

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much !

Tuner in Training
    Hello guys, I finally have been able to do everything we said. I changed the VIN of the ECU and flashed it and reprogrammed it with the GM SPS2 and a MDI, and that's what my file look like after i reprogrammed it : VIN CORVETTE.hpt

However, still not able to start this engine. What we did since last time : Made a harness ourselves to fire the injectors mannually and the engine "strated" so we know injectors and everything is working.

Maybe you have an idea ?

PS : dhoagland was right, after the reprogramming from gm site, i didn't have to remove VATS.

Advanced Tuner
    Great news, can we all assume the 6.2 in use is an otherwise stock engine? Can you post a log of you trying to start it? Start with the default channels if you do not already have a preferred E38 channel config.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, i don't have anything when i try to strat on VCM scanner... RPMs are not moving, and nothing happens...

You have no live data at all, ever, from any sensors in the scanner, or only no RPM signal while cranking?

What kind of ignition switch do you have rigged up, is it keeping the right pins powered up in the 'crank' position? Which pins at the ECM are you powering? (there is one sneaky one, that isn't labeled as a IGN input and is easy to miss)

You said you could make it run by manually switching the injectors - what does this mean? Did you supply a constant ground and switch your own outside-sourced power? Or supply constant power and switch the ground? Or, used the existing constant power from the harness, and only supply a switched ground to fire the injectors?

Tuner in Training
    I have no data at all. Before i change the file in the ecu, it worked and i could see every sensor on the engine and have their value, so i don't think that it comes frome the pins because i didn't touche to the harness or anything on the engine.

I could "make it run" by supplying a constant power and switch the ground manually, by doing that, the engine was just getting some gas in it and starting but thats all, i couldn't acceelerate it or anything, it was just to be sure that the engine was able to run. To do so, i took other injector terminals that were only plugged to the battery +.

Connect and click the 'repoll for supported parameters' button, maybe? Since it's a different vehicle now as far as the ECM is concerned your old channels in your old list may not be happy.

As far as checking for injector pulse, I have never heard of that method and I been doin' this more than 20 years (Jesus, more like 30, now that I think about it - UTI Houston Class of '91, and look where I am now!). Check for the harness supplying constant +12v to one of the injector terminals. Put a light across one of the injector connectors, one side to + one side to -. If the light doesn't flash while it should be firing injectors, you have no injector pulse. You can then put one side of the light to battery positive, and check each of the two injector terminals for a pulsed ground. You need to know that both sides of the control circuit are present and correct - lack of pulse could be from either no switched ground from the ECM, OR from no constant +12v. And you also need to prove to yourself that the +12v present at the one terminal stays at +12v with the key in 'crank' position, not just 'run'.

Tuner in Training
    Hi TheMechanic, what do you mean by this picture ?

blindsquirrel, i couldn't find the 'repoll for supported parameters' button... Also, after checking, we don't have any impluse to injectors...

screenshot.01-06-2022 08.18.22.png

And if this is an engine on a test stand, with a stand-alone harness, and none of the other junk connected as it would be when installed in the original vehicle, then yeah you're gonna have to turn off VATS. None of the other VATS components are present to allow it to work. Just because it was able to be reprogrammed successfully doesn't mean 'I didn't have to turn it off'.

Tuner in Training
    Exactly, and the screenshot of TheMecanics show that the VATS patch is disabled right ?

How are you controlling the starter - like stock, the key switch sends a request to the ECM and the ECM decides what to do, or the switch bypasses the ECM and goes direct to the solenoid?

If it's set to look for starter faults, but you have the switch direct to the solenoid, then when you crank it the ECM thinks it's being hotwired and says 'WTF man, so confused!'

Tuner in Training
    OOh that is an interesting thought ! I think we lpugged our switch directly to the solenoid, I'll heck it tomorrow and come back to you !
    Thnk you very much !

Sorry I did not elaborate. Starter fault check should be disabled.

Tuner in Training
    Well, big step in the project, the engine started ! Afteer disabling the starter fault check ! However, after starting, it stops after 1sec. Here is a log (thanks blindsquirrel now the scanner works !) of what happens. Even when we maintain the strating phase, it still cuts. We think about a sensor maybe ?log.hpllog.hpl

P0068 - MAP / MAF - Throttle Position Correlation (Current)
    P0449 - Evaporative Emission System Vent Control Circuit Intermittent (Current)
    P0603 - Internal Control Module Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error (Current)
    P0807 - Clutch Position Sensor Circuit Low (Current)
    P0036 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 2) (Current)
    P0056 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 2, Sensor 2) (Current)
    P0107 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Low (Current)
    P0443 - Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit (Current)
    P0452 - Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor/Switch Low (Current)
    P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit High (Current)
    P0480 - Fan 1 Control Circuit (Current)
    P2068 - Fuel Level Sensor 2 Circuit High Voltage (Current)

P0107 is the one you need to track down and verify, your MAP is stuck at 0 kPa and it should be reading around 100 kPa at key-on/engine-off.

The P0603 worries me a little - there is no real detail in the manual about it and generally P0601-P060D codes are Bad News.

The others are garbage that never got turned off. If you are not using a thing, its DTCs need to be set to No Error Reported. There is all kinds of stuff that happens in the background when a DTC sets, all sorts of default actions taken. Some of those actions for certain codes include 'shut the engine off right now'.

----------
    I turned off about 300 codes, and some other stuff you can't get to if you're using the latest version of VCM Suite.
    VIN CORVETTE - omg so many DTCs.hpt