Thread: 4.0 Mustang CAI Tuning

Potential Tuner

4.0 Mustang CAI Tuning

I've got a 2010 4.0 Mustang that I've since installed a new K&N CAI onto, I know I don't have to tune for it, but I'd like to learn the process and maybe Milk out one more horse. The only thing I've really found is the Airflow vs Voltage Table but that seems like it would be a pain in the ass. Although, I'm wondering if it would be possible to just use a wideband and map the Commanded AFR and the actual AFR and just tweak until they line up. I'm new to this, so please go easy.

you cab get a lot more by tweaking transmission.
    look at your ve / pe table and lower the ol conditions.
    change pedal feeling and raise max rpm.

Advanced Tuner
    Commanded vs actual is how you dial a maf curve, more or less. Doing that won?t change the power you make unless it?s so far off that it?s running rich or lean when it?s in OL/PE. With a no tune required cold air kit, probably it will be pretty dialed in.

I used a maf housing from my 5.0 mustang and some larger tubing to make a cold air for mine, and dialed it in with a wideband in open loop, commanded vs actual.

I dunno how much timing the 4.0 ?likes? on regular gas but I ran like 30-32* on my 06 on e85 and brought it in sooner down low which helped pick up som low end. I think in scanner I could not log Knock when I did it; but with e85 I just sent it (and it ran great like that for a long time)

Tuning the shifting like mentioned above made the biggest difference in how it ?felt? to drive.