Thread: Transfer previous license to new MPVI2?

Tuner in Training

Transfer previous license to new MPVI2?

So I had a family falling out in the middle of trying to get my tune ironed out on the Lincoln. Question is can or will Hptuners support team let me use the new interface I bought tonight without having to pay for more credits since I am the one who paid for them the first time using a family members MPVI2? Sucks already having to drop $420 on a car I already have running and licensed, trying to avoid another $100 just because I can?t go five miles down the road to get the unit I?ve been using.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Licenses/credits are physically stored on the MPVI device itself, wherever it goes so do the licenses/credits. You cannot transfer credits/licenses from one device to another.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Licenses/credits are physically stored on the MPVI device itself, wherever it goes so do the licenses/credits. You cannot transfer credits/licenses from one device to another.
    So that would be a no I’m screwed and have to pay another $100 just for using a different box

Yes.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I think my device might be corrupted or something... if i buy and register a second device, while staying registered to the first one with issues, can the credits be transferred?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by G53 View Post
    I think my device might be corrupted or something... if i buy and register a second device, while staying registered to the first one with issues, can the credits be transferred?
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"