Thread: Importing offline vehicle profiles

Tuner in Training

Importing offline vehicle profiles

I tried to search but didn't really find anything. Maybe I didn't search the right key works.

Issue I'm having, new computer I have all my files settings etc from the computer I've been using but I can't see to get the offline vehicle profiles to work now. I didn't have this issue last time with a new computer. Can't figure out what I did wrong or how to get the offline profiles to populate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    I'm not sure if this is any help... Just thinking out loud.

In your old PC copy the files from "C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Vehicles" to your new PC. Restart the scanner and see if that helped. There may be a config file somewhere that will need an update as well.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    I'm not sure if this is any help... Just thinking out loud.

In your old PC copy the files from "C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Vehicles" to your new PC. Restart the scanner and see if that helped. There may be a config file somewhere that will need an update as well.
    That's where I'm having issues. I did that before and it worked fine, but now it isn't working. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall it and see if I just did something wrong somewhere to get it to work again. Just figured I'd ask here if someone had the same issue.

Everything from my channels, gauges, graphs, and even my auto-saved logs transferred over fine. In the file Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Vehicles, I can see all the vehicles listed. But on the scanner, it is only giving me the offline profile for the vehicles I've plugged into since changing computers.
    Last edited by Asd_srt; 05-06-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Ok, it was also a while ago when I tried it last. I'll have a play tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.

Tuner in Training
    Update still haven't gotten it to work for some reason. I double-checked and on this computer, I have 80 vehicles in (documents -> HP Tuners -> VCM Scanner -> Vehicles )

But when I go to VCM Scanner -> offline profile -> it only shows the vehicles I've hooked up to since swapping to this computer.

Tuner in Training
    fix it. Uninstalled all HPT stuff. Reinstalled and made sure I had my files off my external HD before i opened anything and they're back. Maybe one day this will help someone else. Not sure what i did wrong the to make it not work.