Thread: 2.2 LAP Supercharge Tune - Is this how you would do it?

Tuner in Training

2.2 LAP Supercharge Tune - Is this how you would do it?

Car is a 2020 DF Goblin with the drivetrain and electronics from a 2009 Pontiac G5 2.2 LAP motor. Car ran N/A for 2 years before supercharger install.

I added mechanical supercharger components from a 2006 LSJ.
    Injectors are Bosch Green 42lbs. https://zzperformance.com/collection...42-injectors-5

First tune is the baseline I made to clean up nuisance items and set injector base flows.
    Goblin SC WITH FUEL MODS.hpt

Second tune is as received from the tuner.
    Goblin Tune as is from Nate.hpt

I noticed driving home from the tuner that the car was in power enrichment mode anytime manifold pressure was above 6"HG vacuum as measured on my boost gauge. I could tell it was in PE because my wideband was reading ~12:1 constantly. I thought this was a little odd, but not a huge deal. When I looked at the tune, I saw Throttle % for PE was at 5% across the board and 75kpa. So it was in PE a lot. I think I'll adjust that to 100kpa and maybe 20-30% throttle.

My biggest question is how important is it to change the values in the offset vs. press. vs IGNV table? These weren't touched. The whole reason I took it to someone for tuning is because I wasn't super comfortable with the injector data. Maybe I did a better job than I thought.

Outside of an idle hang that I plan to tackle this weekend, the car runs well. It holds dead at 12:1 AFR during WOT pulls. I haven't logged since I got it back.

I'm happy to take input from those with more knowledge than me.

Tuner in Training
    Couple updates:

Changing throttle area scalar from about 1600 to 2950 cured Rev hang issue.

I'm dialing in PE parameters. Been raining here a lot so I haven't had much time. I have to upgrade to a 2.5 BAR tMAP over this weekend then I should be good to go.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsteinhorst View Post
    Couple updates:

Changing throttle area scalar from about 1600 to 2950 cured Rev hang issue.

I'm dialing in PE parameters. Been raining here a lot so I haven't had much time. I have to upgrade to a 2.5 BAR tMAP over this weekend then I should be good to go.
    I actually have the exact same car. I purchased a zzp supercharger kit and I need a base file to start from. Is it possible to use your tune in order to get it running right?

Tuner in Training
    You can absolutely use my tune for whatever. I've since found it was tuned with a vac leak and I'm redoing the MAF and VE tuning to dial it back in. I'll have a much better baseline in a week or two.

I found goat rope garage on YouTube and have been doing it myself using those excellent videos.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you very much it kinda helped but I got a tune and my car runs horrible once it warms up and once I rev the car up, it gets really lean and then eventually stalls. I've adjusted the timing back and fuel and still having the same issue. Heres my tune if you would like to look at it.2009 G5 Supercharged tune.hptLog 4.hpl2009 G5 Supercharged tune.hptLog 4.hpl

Tuner in Training
    ZRJO, I replied in your other thread.

As an update, the original tune from the 'tuner' was alright, but required quite a bit of touchup. This is partially my fault because of the vac leak and only 1 bar sensor.

For those looking to learn to tune, start here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...oEO01pSgOUMOwa

Potential Tuner
    So having a vacuum leak can cause the issue s I'm having? And thank you for replying to my thread!

Tuner in Training
    I'm in the process of boosting my HHR with the 2.2 LAP, and have actually been studying your tune file you posted to compare to changes I'm making, so thanks for posting that! Goat rope has also been very helpful.

I'm wondering if you can give me any more information on your setup? Did you end up installing a 2 or 3 bar Map sensor?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyBoost91 View Post
    I'm wondering if you can give me any more information on your setup? Did you end up installing a 2 or 3 bar Map sensor?
    Yes, some more information can be found here and here

I went to an LSJ TMAP sensor and wired in the temp sensor correctly. I've been trying to get VVE/Dynamic Air to work, but haven't had luck. It's running pretty well in MAF only mode right now. Injectors could probably use a bit of dialing in, but it's hard to find info on these Bosch Green 42 lbs.

Feel free to ask any other questions. Happy to answer to the best of my knowledge.