Thread: Changing PE Delay RPM and Throttle enable for PE sends me to Reduced power mode.

Potential Tuner

Question Changing PE Delay RPM and Throttle enable for PE sends me to Reduced power mode.

I'm Bran New to tuning and new to this forum. I just purchased HP tuners wanting to learn to tune. I have a 2016 GMC Yukon 5.3 that keeps going into reduced power mode when I try to bring on PE at 3500 RPM and 60% throttle. Factory is set to 5,000rpm and 90% throttle.
    Everything else is stock settings except DOD disabled, TCC disabled in 1st and 2nd gears and TCC desired slip zeroed out.
    I am Only changing a few things at a time and saving every file and I can flash back to the previous tune and it never goes into reduced power mode. The only changes made that are causing this problem is the PE rpm delay and Throttle enable percent.
    I searched the forum and did not find anything that related to this question. I attached 2 files the one with PE and one without that is currently flashed to the vehicle.
    Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You also changed stuff in Speedo>Limiter. Most importantly, the change of Source: to Calibration instead of GMLAN.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    You also changed stuff in Speedo>Limiter. Most importantly, the change of Source: to Calibration instead of GMLAN.
    Dang I forgot to set that back to stock as well. I tried that because I was told that is how you get rid of the speed limiter on these vehicles. GMLAN gets the speed from the BCM which we dont have access to the way I understand it. From what i read you have to change the source to calibration to get rid of the speed limiter.

Now I may try changing the PE without changing the Speed limiter.

Copy in one change at a time from the file that acts weird, pin down which one is causing it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Copy in one change at a time from the file that acts weird, pin down which one is causing it.
    Thank you for your help. I wont have a chance to test this for a few days due to ball games and work but after reading on speed limiter issue it seems the 2016 models don't like being messed with much other than just changing from GMLAN to Calibration and leaving the speeds alone. If you max out the tables like I did it will cause the issue I'm having.
    I have a lot to learn and greatly appreciate your help.