Thread: VCM Editor software version issues, features removed from menus!

Potential Tuner

Exclamation VCM Editor software version issues, features removed from menus!

Hello all.
    Looking for a way to get a work around since HP Tuners once again doesn't care much about it's users with regards to their software changes and what impact there is to them or vehicle.

Basically, I have been a pro licensed user since 2019, and used the VCM Suite version 4.4.4 to tune my old 2005 Jeep Wrangler with big engine changes. I paid $$$-$$$$ for the project (HP Tuners stuff, dyno, professional tuners) and now I see there is a hardware update and lots of software updates since. I had an issue with my PCM/tune and needed to reload my STOCK file to diagnose possible PCM/tune/mechanical issues. Now that my stock tune is loaded and I want to reintroduce my upgraded tune settings, I noticed there are options, features, selectable menus that are MISSING (nothing to do with advanced user) and i CAN NOT make my changes. The new file will not work on the old software and the new software will not see the options i need.

The old software is on one of my old tune computers, thats why i still have the old setup. Now the old software does not see its licensed nor will it connect to the hardware dongle. I just want to use the old software to basically rewrite my STOCK tune with the needed changes, import that file to the new software and make all the other needed changes but can't.

Is there a way the take the data/license files and import them to the old software so I can save the file? Without connecting it to the dongle, since it won't let me unless I upgrade the software.

I opened a service ticket to HP Tuners, and their reply was very unhelpful and political, "it's proper use is to bring a vehicle into emissions compliance or to keep it in compliance....". Well, for one, I don't live in the same country and don't have the same compliance laws. And this is such BS as a reply, since there are so may options in the software to make changes that can break laws, such as the DTC engine diagnostics area. Let me deal with what ever laws exist..... Removing options from a tune that was not originally agreed upon by the user, or even disclosed as changes prior to releasing it, seems crooked as hell and wrong! The company and secret changes like this leave me pissed off and now feel this company is extremely unreliable for long time use. The older vehicles don't need option changes!!!!! Now i have errors and issues with operability that i literally can not fix, unless i scrap the project and junk my vehicle!!

Now they have the gall to push for a new upgraded device with who knows what features will be changed or missing from that, which i would have no idea until i acquire it.

Thoughts, ideas???? anyone else in this boat?

Last edited by keith Goosen; 04-29-2022 at 04:39 PM. Reason: typo