Thread: No liscense. ??

Tuner in Training

No liscense. ??

I assigned credits to this ecm. Deleted vats then ran out of battery a disconnected things and left. Can?t back the next day started truck it finally ran long enough to boil water and explode all over my arm. Ffw to today. Went to delete maf and try and fix my shifting issue. And it says I don?t have a liscense to write to ecm..

I already dislike the learning curve on the software and now this?. And customer support via email is a slow time consuming process that I?m not sure why anyone finds it a viable solution to support service. But enough ranting any help.

What kind of vehicle?

Did you try reading the file from the vehicle, saving that file, edit it and try to reflash that "new" file yet?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    That?s how deleted the vats. Read the ecm went to vats option and flashed it.

Yes I know. What I am saying that is you should go back to the vehicle, re-read the file, save it and make another change to that. Then flash it back to see if it gives you the same problem with it being unlicensed.

If you have no problems after doing that, then there was something wrong with the previous file you were trying to flash.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I didn?t try that because I?m unsure how the credits are assigned. I assumed to the ecm so you can continue to write to that ecm. But I wasn?t positive and haven?t gotten my email back yet.

I will try that tomorrow

Tuner in Training
    I?m not sure why question marks are showing up when I reply.

Tuner in Training
    You cant blame HP tuners for the learning curve, their software makes things really simple compared to open source, you will just have to learn a little.

For you issue you can bring it up here but you need to open a support ticket if you expect help. For all I know whatever is causing you ? issue has propagated into the problem you are having with HP tuners.

No matter what you should start with the support ticket not the rant.

The ?rand?om? ?mark thi?ng is an Apple/iOS deal, they can't use normal single and double quotes, they have to be *special*.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by R Horn View Post
    You cant blame HP tuners for the learning curve, their software makes things really simple compared to open source, you will just have to learn a little.

For you issue you can bring it up here but you need to open a support ticket if you expect help. For all I know whatever is causing you ? issue has propagated into the problem you are having with HP tuners.

No matter what you should start with the support ticket not the rant.
    . No I can?t. But I gotta say tunerstudio was far easier to learn.

I opened a ticket. I?ll try what was suggested tomorrow.

Tuner in Training
    I hate this phone

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Revchuck View Post
    . No I can?t. But I gotta say tunerstudio was far easier to learn.

I opened a ticket. I?ll try what was suggested tomorrow.
    tunerstudio does seem ideal for a megasquirt based ECU project.

Tuner in Training
    Ive used it twice. With little knowledge the first time and have had great success. This is a huge learning curve compared.

Good news though. I tried the suggestion above and was able to get the maf deleted Now to iron out my no shift issue and then I can dial in all the small things

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revchuck View Post
    I didn?t try that because I?m unsure how the credits are assigned. I assumed to the ecm so you can continue to write to that ecm. But I wasn?t positive and haven?t gotten my email back yet.

I will try that tomorrow
    Without giving away proprietary information the software typically will license to multiple portions in the file, you can see them in your license menu or an infolog. Its never JUST to the ecm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"