Thread: Very Lean at Decel, DFCO OFF

Tuner in Training

Very Lean at Decel, DFCO OFF

I'm trying to get the VVE table dialed in on my 2011 Corvette with a Vortech supercharger. I've been following the Goat Rope Garage youtube setup for dialing in the VVE table. I've got my wideband plugged into my driver's side factory O2 port and disconnected the factory sensor. I have DFCO disabled by increasing the enable RPM to 8,000.

The problem I'm seeing is that on coast down the wideband is reading off the charts lean. At this point it isn't bucking or anything. I increased the injector minimum pulse width to 1ms to make sure the injectors are spitting out fuel. I can see the mixture go rich a bit as the VVE table wants the injectors to go below that 1ms pulse width, then all of a sudden it goes off the chart lean for quite a while.

Any ideas on what is going on here? If the injectors are working the only thing I can think of is that the mixture is not igniting for some reason. Any help or comments would be appreciated. Thanks. Below is the log and tune file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_vette View Post
    the only thing I can think of is that the mixture is not igniting for some reason.
    ...bingo. You just figured out why DFCO exists.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    ...bingo. You just figured out why DFCO exists.
    So this is normal and I should just ignore these spikes while tuning? Or is there some way to fix the situation?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_vette View Post
    So this is normal and I should just ignore these spikes while tuning? Or is there some way to fix the situation?
    Essentially. That is indeed why DFCO exists. The combustion in that low MAP area of the table is too inconsistent to continue injecting fuel, so it certainly is not a candidate for data to calibrate your VE.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Essentially. That is indeed why DFCO exists. The combustion in that low MAP area of the table is too inconsistent to continue injecting fuel, so it certainly is not a candidate for data to calibrate your VE.
    Ok, thanks for the info. I will keep on tuning.