Thread: Closed loop and injector cut issues

Closed loop and injector cut issues

I have been taking some classes and learning how to tune. Also a local tuner has been trying to help me but he is admittedly not a ford guy. I am having an issue with an engine from a 2014 GT500. It keeps wanting to go to injector cut and will not go into closed loop or if it does will just stay for like 20 or 30 seconds. This is I believe causing the car not to want to idle. A bunch of stuff has been done to the engine.

bored and sleeved to a 3.700 bore
    Custom cams from L&M
    10% overdrive
    return style fuel system from VMP
    VMP Gen3R
    Long tube hearders
    The heads have been ported.
    VMP intercooler
    etc.

I attached the log file. If needed I can upload the tune file also. I have looked in the forum and didn't see to much. I found a couple posts with a couple ideas and tried them but didn't see to help much. Any help would be great to point me in the right direction as I said I am new to all of this and learning.

Thanks

Marty
    Attached Files Attached Files

post your file and injectors size + cai
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

I forgot the injectors are FID 2000 cc. The cold air is a JTL 123mm.

how much fuel pressure at regulator vacuum line off and why setting wot fuel table 1 this will blowout your engine right away
    Turbocharged COYOTE

[email protected]

If I use jumper on the fuel pumps with the key on but not running with the vacuum line on it is about 46/47. That was per the instructions from the injector vendor to sent that stuff to 1 if I remember right. The pressure is supposed to go up as you get into boost. I attached the spreadsheet with the info. Unless I by mistake entered one of these into the wrong table.

Marty

this data for 3bar pressure which is 43.5 psi
    Turbocharged COYOTE

[email protected]

ok. So do I need to back it down a couple then to about 43.5? Does the 14 GT500 have a 3 bar in it?

Marty

yes, GT500 3 bar
    Turbocharged COYOTE

[email protected]

I put it as about 43.5 tonight and ran it and still did the same thing didn't seem to make a difference. Here is the log if you want. But still didn't go into closed loop and did the injector cut.

You have a lot to go here, o2's all over the place which means you have either bad injector data or mess up tune.

I agree. On both of those. But I can't keep it in closed loop to work on the MAF tuning and get the readings down and not so lean. Also the fuel source keeps showing injector cut which I am wondering if it keeps cutting the injectors is also making it go super lean. I am having problems trying to figure out why it keeps doing both of those things.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mlecy View Post
    I agree. On both of those. But I can't keep it in closed loop to work on the MAF tuning and get the readings down and not so lean. Also the fuel source keeps showing injector cut which I am wondering if it keeps cutting the injectors is also making it go super lean. I am having problems trying to figure out why it keeps doing both of those things.
    First the Maf data is Wrong for the JLT 123mm CAI, it looks like your Using the 127MM data, Fuel injector data Max DC & Max DC Flex Fuel should be 1.0599999 which rounds to 1.06, Fuel injector break point should be 0.0000647, Break point multiplier is incorrect, Injector Offset Volt table is in correct, and lastly injector offset multiplier is incorrect.

I will work on those things. Where do I find the info for a 123 CAI to put in the MAF data?

Well that seemed to help a little. I got into closed loop a couple times but would not hold it and still getting the injector cut. I was googling some but didn't find anything on the 123mm CAI data. Is there a tune in the archive I could pull it from or does any know where I can get it. Here is the tune with the adjustments and the new log.

Well that seemed to help a little. I got into closed loop a couple times but would not hold it and still getting the injector cut. I was googling some but didn't find anything on the 123mm CAI data. Is there a tune in the archive I could pull it from or does any know where I can get it. Here is the tune with the adjustments and the new log.
    I can setup a tune for you but not working for free. I have developed various data for MAF transfer - msg me directly should you be interested

Advanced Tuner
    Torque management needs work

start by multiplying stock MAF value by 20% then fine tune fuel trims
    Turbocharged COYOTE

[email protected]

ok. I will give that a try for the MAF. I see the torque management kicking and I was reading about that and how above the numbers it seem to add few to try to control things and below it seem to do a few cut. So I tried to reduce it for right now by like 200 but that didn't seem to make a difference so thought maybe I was not fully understanding that it was trying to tell me about how to setup the torque management.

So I did the 20% to the MAF from stock settings. I check those against what was the in tune that came with the car. They were pretty close so I decided just put those numbers back in. Well it was better and not running so lean. It was still doing the injector cut. The car died and when I restarted it all of a sudden it was running much better so injector cut. Went into closed loop and was doing pretty well. Got some fuel trim data. It died so I adjusted the fuel trim a little. But now is having issues running again. I did notice when when it was not running right I get an FEME - Pedal follower for throttle source. When it was running better the throttle source said KOEO self test. I have a VMP throttle body twin 69mm. But they said I should not need any special data that it would work off the stock data.