Thread: Gen 3 5.3 SD tune

Tuner in Training

Gen 3 5.3 SD tune

Help please with tune !!
    5.3 with sloppy stage 2 cam and headers.
    Sd tune. No MAF and added a IAT to intake.
    I have reset TPS a number of times trying to calibrate IAC
    Runs like bag of shit, rich all the time,
    Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lets list some stuff.

Cylinder volume says it's a 4.8 and not a 5.3. So fix that. The wrong number here will screw up the fueling calculations.

Your VE table is extremely rich. So put that back to stock and start over and it likely needs a little fuel removed from the idle area's. Get a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning too.

It's going to need a little more base running airflow with that camshaft as well.

Increase your idle timing to right around 20 degrees. Then lower your over/underspeed spark correction tables so it's about +/- 8 degrees. This will stop the wild timing movement at idle and help you get things working right.

The data log is missing knock retard, o2 sensors, fuel trims both short term and long term as well as your injector pulse width avg for both banks. Just those simple things really help with figuring out how the engine is running.

Also I hope the exhaust is complete if you are running o2 sensors, you can not run this vehicle with open headers with working sensors.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Your MAP sensor is at 58kpa, key on, engine off. It should be around 100. Do you still have the 25# injectors? That is what is set up in the tune. Is this an engine swap? Or just a cam swap? Your VE table needs tuning. I didn't see any input for STFT's for low speed tuning, or are you using a wideband---I didn't see one.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the advice and for taking the time to help !
    I have made those changes and will try in the morning.
    Also car has full exhaust.

Cheers