Thread: auto to manual

Potential Tuner

auto to manual

Swapped a manual trans in 07 ranger 2.3 that was an auto. Aside from disabling auto trans and turning off all auto related MIL faults, is there anything I'm missing?

Potential Tuner
    A little more information on this truck it had a 5r55e. The manual transmission is a m50d. Was able to get the truck to start with the auto transmission disabled in hptuners but it will only rev to 3k, even in gear. Had to have the range sensor plugged back in and in set in neutral for the truck to start with the manual transmission. Aside from what I'm guessing is a neutral safety switch a clutch switch needing to be wired in, is there something I'm missing on hptuners to eliminate the 3k rev limit? Unlike an lsx or hemi there is not a lot of perimeters to adjust on the ford.

Go into engine, RPM's and see what the neutral / park rpm is set at. I'm thinking even with the auto trans functions disabled it still thinks the auto trans is in either neutral or park. Set those high as you want, and that should solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by skylinedan View Post
    Go into engine, RPM's and see what the neutral / park rpm is set at. I'm thinking even with the auto trans functions disabled it still thinks the auto trans is in either neutral or park. Set those high as you want, and that should solve the problem.
    Try this ^ Looking at a random 2.3 ranger calibration, the Neutral RPM limit is set at 3100 RPM
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB