Thread: RZR XP Turbo - Scanner Wont connect or log

Tuner in Training

Question RZR XP Turbo - Scanner Wont connect or log

i am able to download the stock file from the machine and flash any adjustments fine.

as soon as i try to connect the scanner it search's for the parameters and crash's right to closing the program,
    has anyone had any luck connecting the scanner to polaris ECU for logging ?
    i have the most recent beta editor and most recent build for stable ,latest drivers and firm ware.

2021 RZR XP Turbo
    mods

-aem water methanol injection
    -slip on exhaust
    -innovative Wideband and boost gauge in one

Tuner in Training
    UPDATE Fix *

after updating to Beta software be sure to search for the BETA vcm scanner to gain scanner access and poll for supported parameters

one thing to note off the hop is there is no rpm channel that is able to log rpm yet to create any maths for anything vrs rpm. iv added all available rpm channels with no luck,

I'm finding very little useful items to log with this... I'm not sure how I can tune this well without seeing what I need to see.

Potential Tuner
    I agree there isn't much to log to actually benefit from. I couldn't pull a stock tune from a 21 XPT or Pro Xp. Not too happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ksmrz View Post
    I agree there isn't much to log to actually benefit from. I couldn't pull a stock tune from a 21 XPT or Pro Xp. Not too happy with it.

I had no problem reading and writing, are you using the Beta software? I have attached a 21 XPT map.

In addition to nearly worthless logging parameters, there isn't enough unlocked to actually get a good tune with this at the moment. You cannot even properly control/raise boost with some of the missing tables. I did raise these concerns, so hopefully they get added soon.

2021 RZR XPT STOCK FILE.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Yeah I have all the updated software and used beta. No knock retard or map that actually works in the scanner. The machine has to have some form of closed loop. Just sucks. Both machines would pop up the Vin/year/model after clicking gather info. When attempting to read it would just say "failed" it also threw 7 trouble codes on my pro. They finally went away in their own but something isn't right.

Tuner in Training
    yes im still waiting for something we can actually use to tune. still zero useful pids to log, its more like your first tune on a carburetor, i think its better whats that machine gun sound