Thread: Tune Review

Tuner in Training

Tune Review

New tuner here. Can someone look over my tune and tell me if I'm on the right track? Mods in signature. I have a few concerns about the tune/car I'll list below. So far I have only tuned MAF and VE in everyday driving areas.

1. Car hobbles bad on takeoff (M6). I look like an idiot at stop lights.
    2. In open loop my wideband is pretty steady but once I put it back on closed loop it bounces back and forth rapidly.
    3. Maybe due to my lack of experience but I seem to stay in the very top areas of the cylinder airmass and MAP tables. Cylinder airmass stays around .16-.20

Thanks for help folks!tune1.hpttune1_log.hpl
    2007 Corvette LS2 M6 1 3/4 headers cam motion titan4 (227/232 613/596 113LS) Borla S-Type axle back

What's there looks good via the trims, log would be more useful if it included the upstream O2 voltages.

WB fluctuates in closed loop because that's what makes closed loop closed loop. Again, this would be easier to see if you had the O2s in there. In open loop fueling doesn't switch from lean to rich in order to find the midpoint (stoich), it just obeys what it's told from the MAF/(V)VE tables with no feedback to make corrections.

Cylinder airmass is dependent on load - more load, more air, more fuel, more cylinder airmass. To hit the higher airmass regions you need to drive it harder.

Tuner in Training
    Here is another log that has back road and interstate driving with O2 voltage added. I also pulled my MAP sensor and shot it with brake cleaner and put it back in. I havnt gone back to look at old logs but I seem to be hitting cells I normally didnt hit.

tune2log.hpl
    2007 Corvette LS2 M6 1 3/4 headers cam motion titan4 (227/232 613/596 113LS) Borla S-Type axle back

Tuner in Training
    I am starting to wonder if the shaking at take off is the clutch. Seems perfectly fine after takeoff. I was hoping someone with more experience than myself can see anything in the tune or not see anything in the tune that would cause that. I just want to rule out tune before I start looking to replace hardware.

Hope this might help
    The first redline you are idling about 10% TPS, 0 APP, idle about 850...
    Then you hit the APP to about 18% TP increases up to about 2300...
    Its over a second before you log 1 MPH...
    Then RPM drops and speed increases until about 15 MPH where things seem to increase proportionally from there... All the time in between is clutch feathering (perhaps slipping) and might be what you are feeling.

I'm not expert with your setup, this is just an observation and might be perfectly normal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    I wouldn't call it slipping, it more like shaking. Sometimes it does it a little and sometimes the care shakes violently on take off. My reaction is usually more gas and less clutch (feathering) until the shaking goes away. usually about a second or two.

Okay so log read is correct
    I can’t see anything Tune wise in this log (Timing, TPS, APP, jumping violently)…
    Maybe someone else might chime in on other things to log…

What happens if you just feather clutch out with no throttle?
    How does it act idling across a parking lot, zero throttle?
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    Not sure, I'll have to try the parking lot driving later. I've also read to see if it does it when starting off in 2nd gear, so I'll try that as well. I was hoping it was tune and not clutch but like you I don't see anything obvious in tune either.

Do the O2 oscillations look normal to you? fueling seems a lot more stable when in open loop. Just wasn't sure if it was normal for closed loop to bounce up and down that fast.

At a glance they we’re oscillating pretty darn good

Can you make it clunk by rolling in 1st gear, clutch out, and going on-off the throttle?

Tuner in Training
    Just took a short drive to the package store. If I let off clutch with no gas I can still feel the shake but not as bad but I was going super slow. When I got in the gas it took off like normal, no shakes. I tried taking off in second gear and it did launch smoother but the shake was still there barely. Looks like this migth be mechanical.