Thread: LS7 injector control settings

LS7 injector control settings

Hey guys,
    Hoping someone can help here. I have an LS7 I'm swapping into my 68 Firebird. The ECU is an E38 set up for a 2015 Z28. I'm looking at the Injector Control settings in the file and comparing to the same settings on a Corvette Z06, and am a little confused.

There are some big differences in "Flow Rate vs Press", as well as "Rail Pressure". Is this because the Camaro had a FPCM and variable pressure? I'm just trying to figure out if I should swap all my injector tables over to the Z06 settings since I have a fuel system that is very similar.

The engine isn't running yet, so I can't log much. Here are the 2 stock tune files I was referencing, as well as the modified file my engine harness company sent with my ECU. Hopefully someone can clear this up.

2012 Z06 stock file.hpt
    2015 Z28 stock file.hpt
    Andy's LS7 speartech file.hpt

If it's returnless, and fixed at 58psi, it'll only use the columns in Flow Rate & Offset tables from 408 to 488kPa. That's the delta (difference) between rail pressure and manifold pressure - larger delta and more injector flow at high manifold vacuum (low pressure), smaller delta and less injector flow at low manifold vacuum (high pressure, closer to atmospheric).

The differences in the injector data are minor and probably just the result of a different group of enginerds doing the cal in 2015 than was doing it in 2012. Both used the exact same injector# so either set of data plus tuning should give the same result.

Some of the first Gen4s to use that style injector data had tables that look like this yet work just fine...

screenshot.17-04-2022 03.33.06.png

...since a naturally aspirated engine with fixed 58psi supply can't ever get to less than 400kPa delta, or more than 480kPa delta, unless something is broken.

Thanks. After posting, I came to a similar conclusion on the MAP range I will actually hit on that table.

Do you think there is any reason to mess with the minimum/maximum expected fuel pressure settings (in the injector section) or anything else to do with the fuel pump (in System, I believe) ?