Thread: DTC Codes

Potential Tuner

DTC Codes

Hi, I've seen a couple threads explaining the type of DTC types. Does anyone have a definitive answer on which one works to kill the dash light? Thanks in advance!

Advanced Tuner
    I asked similar questions in the "DTC Clasification ?" thread. When they go unanswered I assume nobody knows.

Maybe try setting the problem code in question to a different #'s and see what happens? That's what I've been meaning to do but I have way too many more important things to keep track of so it's back burner for now. I don't mind so much that I get a CEL, I just want to be able to clear it with the the HP Scanner.

I can tell you this: In cars, MB included, where there is a code that won't go away but no actual problem, I either remove the CEL bulb or put black tape over it. It sucks to have to do that, but until the day they can make a car smart enough to do what it's supposed to do, those were my options. Then when smog time rolls around I have to decide how long I can get away with it before I sell the car for parts. Sucks to sell a perfectly nice MB for parts because the mfg makes a mistake and the emissions Nazis are zero tolerance.
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Tuner
    honestly, I don't know what is the DTC classification
    try to use "type 6" to turn light off
    Abdulaziz T Hadi - E-mail: [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Setting to 6 doesnt work for me. I still have a CEL most days. The really annoying part is I have to use Autel to clear it, which takes about 15 min. HP would take 15 seconds but it cant clear them. I never understood why you need different tool to clear certain codes.

Quote Originally Posted by chevota View Post
    Setting to 6 doesnt work for me. I still have a CEL most days. The really annoying part is I have to use Autel to clear it, which takes about 15 min. HP would take 15 seconds but it cant clear them. I never understood why you need different tool to clear certain codes.
    What code are you getting?

Advanced Tuner
    Today the one that HP can't clear and kept the CEL on was P13EA, which popped up about two weeks ago and just about every day since. Pretty sure I ruptured a gasket on the intake or after the throttle body. Or maybe cracked my intake. So this one will go away after I fix that but meanwhile it's annoying because it gives me a CEL first thing on startup. All the others usually only pop up after I floor it.

Misc other bothersome recurring codes include P061A, P0234, P1670, P0730 but I don't note all of them, too much work. Setting to 6 does work on most, but they're all set to 6 and I still get CEL. I changed some error related settings in the tune a week or two ago and now they happen much less often. Before that it was 3-5x a week? Now, excluding the P13EA of course, I might be down to one a week but time will tell.
    Plus I think I've had every possible U code that exists. It's common to have 10-30 at any given time. I forget what my record was but I think in the 40's.
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Tuner in Training
    Problem is if its emissions related it can still become active even after set to any of them even disable. Per hp attempt in preventing us from turning off emissions. Have a friend that was rentek tuned and had O2 codes for no cats. they wouldnt even turn it off for him. My personal E63S is blended tune Hp and kess only way to not have one code or any bs lights on the dash. the rentek car i retuned anyways way better after i got done with it