Thread: Lf3 in GMC Terrain

Lf3 in GMC Terrain

I have a 2011 GMC Terrain awd with the lfw with the timing chain codes. I figure once the lfw chain snaps, I wanna put a lf3 in it and make a modern day cyclone. So my questions begin with can I run the lf3 on the e39 with all the factory terrain gauges working or would I have to use the e92, I also think the trans isn't going to hold up to the power so I will probably have to swap it out with the one from the awd xts. I know im Probably stupid for wanting to do this but can it be done with the factory e39 ecu?

Advanced Tuner
    No, you need to use an E92. The E39 doesn't have either the software support for twin turbo, nor the ability to control two turbos.

Beyond that, you may have trouble getting an E92 calibration to speak to the rest of the vehicle. 2011 was a transitional time for GM software, and the earliest E92 LF3 calibration you can get is from a 2014 XTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    No, you need to use an E92. The E39 doesn't have either the software support for twin turbo, nor the ability to control two turbos.

Beyond that, you may have trouble getting an E92 calibration to speak to the rest of the vehicle. 2011 was a transitional time for GM software, and the earliest E92 LF3 calibration you can get is from a 2014 XTS VSport
    So I being that I can't run the lf3 on the e39 could I piggyback the e39 on the e92 to make all the guages and systems work in the car?

Advanced Tuner
    No, you can't.