Thread: higher rev start

higher rev start

i would like to have a higher rev or energy or loudness start. basically like a camaro ss manual trans does. the truck has full cat back and has noticeably more sound than stock but starts way too polite, especially now that it has tooley stage 2 cam in it.

i up the rpm in idle startup area but it doesn't go there. what else do i need to change for more at the start?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Cranking airflow - base airflow - raise it a little. Also it appears your tm, ve and idle still need some tweaking.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

i don't know how i miss things like that. ok airflow table up.
    tm = torque mgmt? where on that? lots of places for it...
    ve. not the ve there by the airflow table right? it's all 100% so i don't think used. the virtual ve?
    idle still needs some tweaking....that'll come after i adjust these right? basically these adjustments should bring it all up higher like i want.
    thank you

Tuning Addict
    tm - torque model
    ve - virtual ve - yours is way, way off for that cam - I assume the calculators are going off of your variable cam timing settings and is the only thing keeping you close - more so by accident I'm assuming - I do recommend killing the variable cam controllers for the VE table to save you some headaches when you go to tune it in. Also go ahead and tune in your cam controls before starting on any of it - optimize if for economy and power your after.
    idle controls - just your main idle controllers

Also on a side note - I thought that cam wasn't supposed to be able to work in that motor moving that far - am I mistaken on that? I know the card that comes with it shows no need to go beyond 4ish degrees if memory serves from 0...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

well, i don't know. BT does give you a wot cam advance table with the card and yes, you're memory is spot on. limit it to 4. so that's why wot advance is no more than 4. so you're saying just disable variable cam timing? from other people experience (posts) i had been using the mid cam timing table in the high table which doesn't move it as much non-wot, but can do just off. this is the ONLY cam they have that keeps vct for a direct injection 6L truck engine. can get you pick of card if you like.
    as to the rest...
    virtual ve, that needs work just have to BIG start? i feel like i thought something easy turned into greezy and hard to get your hands on.
    thank you again.

Tuning Addict
    You can run some vct - your better off to for your low to mid load areas. Numbers won't be much over your wot numbers though. You just have to figure out what engine loads and rpms to ramp it in at.

I can go ahead and tell you - if you want it nearly OE - there's lots of finessing and working of all of the tables involved.

Also watch out when you start dialing in your fueling with that torque model - chances are it may start free revving on it's own if your not paying attention.

~Greg Huggins~