Thread: Wont flash ecu says i have to buy credits

Potential Tuner

Wont flash ecu says i have to buy credits

my ecu was allready unlocked .i can connect but cant change anything.

Who unlocked it is the question though.

Did you already pay the credits or did someone else?

You didn't say what kind of vehicle this was yet either.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    In order to flash your vehicle using your MPVI device you need to purchase credits to license the vehicle, there is no way around this.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    2004 GTO it was flashed by my tuner years ago but i had previously been able to edit.then i had a wire arc and melt ever since i can only scan and it wont let me change anything.fuel pump turns on but no start.i hooked up to another vehicle that i flashed and it works.could it have lost my info for the gto?
    Last edited by RICHARDCRANIUM; 05-08-2022 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARDCRANIUM View Post
    2004 GTO it was flashed by my tuner years ago but i had previously been able to edit.then i had a wire arc and melt ever since i can only scan and it wont let me change anything.fuel pump turns on but no start.i hooked up to another vehicle that i flashed and it works.could it have lost my info for the gto?

Given that your HPT interface allowed you to appropriately connect to another previously licensed controller - suggests that the stored data in the HPT interface is intact.

It is possible that the wiring issue that you described could have caused damage (or corruption to the VRAM) of the GTO PCM.

Try reading the GTO PCM - this will not cost you any licensing credits - and should reveal if the PCM is still viable, and if the stored VIN and / or unique PCM Serial Number have been corrupted.

Potential Tuner
    i can hook to it and scan but im not getting spark .wasnt sure if vatts got turned back on or if it erased my credits

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARDCRANIUM View Post
    i can hook to it and scan but im not getting spark .wasnt sure if vatts got turned back on or if it erased my credits

At this point in time - neither of those comments are helpful.

Per post #5 - try reading the PCM. If you are able to read the PCM - then save that calibration read under a new file name.

After you have it saved, then open it with HPT and confirm that both the VIN and the Serial Number are intact (i.e. have not been corrupted) and are the SAME as in your older GTO calibrations (i.e. saved some time ago).