Thread: Firing Order?

Tuner in Training

Firing Order?

Firing order in my tune is "shifted" compared to LS typical firing order. Is this possible/normal?

Car seems to run ok and made good power (450 WHP), less a few minor issues. ECU came with the motor from a junk yard 2500HD truck and the tune pulled from the ECU had this firing order.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is only for detecting misfires and doesn't affect the actual firing order and I have seen other shifted firing order tables, doesn't mean it is right but shouldn't affect how your engine runs. At worst if you are having misfires it will direct you to the wrong cylinder.

Wow and all this time I thought I could re-order my firing schedule just by changing those numbers... damn! So much for modern technology... misleading!

It should say "cylinder firing order" at the top and in a little bubble at the bottom "Numbers here not actual firing order" haha
    Pretty much like everything else in the OEM Ecu says one thing.... does something completely different! Or nothing at all!

Tuner
    I came here looking for answers on the same question. I have a 2000 Camaro with manual transmission and aftermarket camshaft that came in for a tune and I noticed the firing order in the tune is shifted over one position, exactly as shown in the OP's picture. The other 1999-01 Firebird and Camaro files that I have are not shifted over like this.
    I was wondering if someone else had already been in this tune and either (A) screwed it up or (B) they know some tuning technique that I am not aware of.
    I guess possibility (C) is that is just the way GM has it or HP tuners displays it and that part of the tune is actually stock ?

Quote Originally Posted by realspeeddan View Post
    I came here looking for answers on the same question. I have a 2000 Camaro with manual transmission and aftermarket camshaft that came in for a tune and I noticed the firing order in the tune is shifted over one position, exactly as shown in the OP's picture. The other 1999-01 Firebird and Camaro files that I have are not shifted over like this.
    I was wondering if someone else had already been in this tune and either (A) screwed it up or (B) they know some tuning technique that I am not aware of.
    I guess possibility (C) is that is just the way GM has it or HP tuners displays it and that part of the tune is actually stock ?
    I have noticed this on all the P01 2500 trucks I've looked at. Shifted over one position from the typical 1500 truck. It came that way from gm on a stock file.
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)