Thread: 2012 E-class AMG; M157 5.5 Bi-turbo

Tuner in Training

2012 E-class AMG; M157 5.5 Bi-turbo

Hi all. Just looking at one of these for a friend.

We`ve loaded the unlock file and read the basemap, attached here.

I note there's not much info on here on basic tuning procedure; I`m familiar with the MED17 and strategy but as is usual, closing the loop between the full strategy and what we are presented with in HPT is usually the tricky part!

So can anyone help with tuning for a basic full load performance increase, we are not adding any hardware at this point just looking for a modest performance bump.

Also I note the use of variant types in the calibration and the sticky on here; We couldn't locate any of the variant pointers in the scanner - How / where do these live?

Many thanks all.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Legit Street Cars on youtube, maybe idk

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tmanplanet View Post
    Legit Street Cars on youtube, maybe idk
    Humm. Not much useful stuff there?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    what are you looking to do?

parts insatalled ?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    So can anyone help with tuning for a basic full load performance increase, we are not adding any hardware at this point just looking for a modest performance bump.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub8 View Post
    So some serious tumble-weed in the Mercedes section! Which is a shame.

I think it would be fair to say HPT isn't capable of useful updates particularly on the M157 application?

I guess we need a few more map definitions to improve this situation - anyone know hows this is handled? Ticket to support? Of course I assume we would need specific maps and address's for this?

Anyone got a bin file for one of these?????

Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    by binary do you mean what i pulled off using KESS/KTAG?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by chevota View Post
    by binary do you mean what i pulled off using KESS/KTAG?
    Its the calibration file in Binary format *.bin.

What you got?

Advanced Tuner
    I bought a spare ecu from a junkyard, from a crashed E63, I think 2014 or '15? and backed it up using KESS before overwriting with my data. Never looked at it but its ~1700k. If that sounds like what you want I can post it when I get home.

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

I bought a spare ecu from a junkyard, from a crashed E63, I think 2014 or '15? and backed it up using KESS before overwriting with my data. Never looked at it but its ~1700k. If that sounds like what you want I can post it when I get home.
    Hi

yeah could be, usually 2024K.

Advanced Tuner
    My bad, I was recalling the size of my HP Tunes. These are just over 4k.
    So there's the two different copies I pulled via KESS, a "Reading" & "Backup Read". The backup has everything to clone an ECU, the other I assume is minus the data specific to that individual car?
    Also included the info of the car it came from, in case you needed some info, including a pix of it wrecked - ouch.

HP wouldn't let me upload them because they had no file extension. So I zipped them, also denied. Put a bogus extension on, won't upload. Sigh...
    So I uploaded the zipped file (WinRAR) here, the link is good for 5 days:
    https://tinyurl.com/2b83xrx2
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Tuner in Training
    My bad, I was recalling the size of my HP Tunes. These are just over 4k.
    So there's the two different copies I pulled via KESS, a "Reading" & "Backup Read". The backup has everything to clone an ECU, the other I assume is minus the data specific to that individual car?
    Also included the info of the car it came from, in case you needed some info, including a pix of it wrecked - ouch.

HP wouldn't let me upload them because they had no file extension. So I zipped them, also denied. Put a bogus extension on, won't upload. Sigh...
    So I uploaded the zipped file (WinRAR) here, the link is good for 5 days:
    https://tinyurl.com/2b83xrx2

Hey - wont let me access that. `Max downloads reached' and sorry we couldn't process your request.....

Advanced Tuner
    They time out after 5 days but never knew there was a download. Maybe a bunch of people here wanted to see it?
    Try again:
    https://tinyurl.com/47xm97em
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Tuner
    sorry, i actually went to look for the video he has about this kinda stuff and couldn't find it, but i do remember he put links up to the tuners he uses for Mercedes. https://www.fluidmotorunion.com/flui...-benz-service/ those guys have a dyno and all that jazz but could possibly give you a tuner to work with since unfortunately tons of Mercedes tuning stuff is probably safe guarded and not shared much or at all, its literally some peoples bread and butter.