Thread: Ford Ranger EGT temps Sensor

Tuner in Training

Ford Ranger EGT temps Sensor

Hi everyone...PLEASE pay close attention to this forum you could be losing some small power down low and not even know it....

......soo i have been trying to troubleshot my ford Ranger 3.2L px2 2018 model........car is a bit low on power down low and EGT's are LOW.....yes you herd correct they are low EGT's.....
    i opened this forum so people can post there EGT's at different accelerator position (D) Must Be D....not sure why other accelerator positions dont give a 0-100%.

so all we are all looking at is Any EGT Vs accelerator position D....... Now reason I'm asking i have 3 EGT sensor's and they are almost showing the same EGT's witch is impossible.

Reason i say this is i cross referenced these EGT's to PREE EGR temp sensor and its almost 80-100 degrees difference ? if this is correct then our main fuel table delivery will be incorrect and ecu cant do its job and loss of power will happen.

ok well i made a quick youtube video to explain whats happening....video is always easy to understand what i am trying to explain and show whats acutely happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4vPxaMeV3Y&t=1s

added a picture to... points marked in Red X 100%.jpg100%.jpg
    Last edited by Aus_spec_ranger; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:11 AM.

Tuner in Training
    EGT’s are always higher pre turbo due to the heat transfer during turbo operation there will be lower temp on the turbo outlet.

This is a bit of a non issue, the limiting strategy doesn’t operate till around 800degrees is reached. I don’t see any problem.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg1986 View Post
    EGT?s are always higher pre turbo due to the heat transfer during turbo operation there will be lower temp on the turbo outlet.

This is a bit of a non issue, the limiting strategy doesn?t operate till around 800degrees is reached. I don?t see any problem.
    yeah we know pre turbo and post turbo EGT's will be off thats the meaning of opening up this forum to compere EGT figures..

the pre EGT turbo sensor is very close to the Pre EGT EGR sensor....so it should not show a difference of 80-100 degrees.
    i have attached a picture of where the EGT sensor is on the manifold. This is my main question how can Pree EGR EGT sensor be soo different compered to exhaust manifold EGT sensor? Exhaust manifold EGT is much closer the Exhaust ports the the Pre EGR EGT sensor so it should be much much hotter.

https://ibb.co/GQ9hJ8P

what do you mean limiting strategy does not operate till 800 degrees ? there has to be some fuel tables that run on EGT figures ???
    Last edited by Aus_spec_ranger; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:35 PM.

Tuner in Training
    The fueling tables are all off desired torque.

If the engine coolant overheats, transmission overheats, EGT’s are too high, etc it will roll back the desired torque by a percentage factor.