Thread: LS3 swapped Fireberd idle issues

Tuner

LS3 swapped Fireberd idle issues

So the LS3 is up and running all good. I have two issues.

1) When I set dynamic airflow to 400 RPM the car idles awesome BUT does not respond properly to throttle, back fire to the intake.
    2) When I set dynamic airflow to 8000 RPM the car picks up throttle perfect and all is good except cranking and coming to a stop. it dies instantly and struggles to run.

The car has a mild cam, 92mm throttle body(cable), LS3 maf sensor and adapter harness

can some one shed some light to what should I now? which parameter is upsetting the car.
    This car has been tuned previously on cam only LS1 and what i did just make the car run or start on LS3.

I tried adding/removing fuel from VE table with no use, altered many of the throttle settings under idle tab with no use.
    Attached Files Attached Files

VE and MAF just need to be dialed in

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

If using card style MAF and using ls1 tune you need to add about 30% to entire MAF abs should be much closer

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Yes, it is card style maf.
    Thanks for the input, i will give it a shot and update the post

Tuner
    In addition to what Ben said, i noticed a few things you need to change, the cylinder volume is wrong for an LS3, assuming you are using LS3 injectors? The data looks similar, but is incorrect, the short pulse limit is at 0.8. Why is the timing table so low? It is at 10 degrees when you're trying to accelerate, you need to add a lot of timing in the light load regions.
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black

Tuner
    Also, you are logging too many pids in the scanner, only log what you need.
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 01SLPSSM6 View Post
    In addition to what Ben said, i noticed a few things you need to change, the cylinder volume is wrong for an LS3, assuming you are using LS3 injectors? The data looks similar, but is incorrect, the short pulse limit is at 0.8. Why is the timing table so low? It is at 10 degrees when you're trying to accelerate, you need to add a lot of timing in the light load regions.

I've read that changing the cylinder volume will miss-up the fueling and its the incorrect way to compensate for the fueling.

I've used the green excel sheet to dial in the injectors and it didn't mentioned anything about the short pulse limit. What should short pulse limit be at??

as for the timing its just a base starting point, i just need to get the car to start and idle properly & i will dial in the rest later.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by akalshaikh View Post
    I've read that changing the cylinder volume will miss-up the fueling and its the incorrect way to compensate for the fueling.

I've used the green excel sheet to dial in the injectors and it didn't mentioned anything about the short pulse limit. What should short pulse limit be at??

as for the timing its just a base starting point, i just need to get the car to start and idle properly & i will dial in the rest later.
    The correct cylinder volume is important in a P01/P59 pcm. It uses cylinder volume for speed density calculations, actual cylinder airmass, etc

Short pulse limit should be 4.000ms

Add timing now, thats too low, use a stock table and copy over the low load regions for now and blend it.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 01SLPSSM6 View Post
    The correct cylinder volume is important in a P01/P59 pcm. It uses cylinder volume for speed density calculations, actual cylinder airmass, etc

Short pulse limit should be 4.000ms

Add timing now, thats too low, use a stock table and copy over the low load regions for now and blend it.

Thanks for the input, will do that tomorrow and keep you posted.

Tuner
    UPDATE:

So i have dynamic set to 3000 RPM. Car idles perfect and done some changes to VE table but still needs to be improved though.

Tried running on MAF only and set the dynamic airflow to 500 the car idles much better then yesterday but still bogging when i try to rev it. Once it picks up RPM its better.

STFT shows rich and when i try to remove fuel it boggs way more and back fires to the intake again. I did add 30% fuel and it was better but again STFTs show rich

I keep CL off and just force it on from VCM scanner.

the car runs fine now but it need much more tuning to get her dialed in. waiting for the wideband.

Attached is the last tune (IAC and lower idle), other tune files where i tried dynamic airflow & some logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    any inputs?
    Shall i just dial in the maf and i'll be good or do i have some issues other areas?