Thread: Lost video after Android phone change

Potential Tuner

Lost video after Android phone change

Hi. Is there any way at all to get videos back after an Android phone has been replaced? I assumed the app and all data would appear on the new device. First time I realized it was gone was when I tried to view a video I had shared on WhatsApp and even that can't be viewed (I think because the embedded video in WhatsApp is referencing a file name in the hidden Trackaddict folder that is now empty).

Sadly I think I know the answer to this, but figured worth asking the experts!

Thanks,
    Tom

Potential Tuner
    Just checking back to see if anyone has advice. When I use Trackaddict now and click into the video files it seems to say they are stored externally. What does that mean? Is there any way my old videos were stored somewhere remotely by the app?

Would really appreciate any advice so I can either find my videos or give up!

Potential Tuner
    I think you lost those videos unfortunately. Do you still have the old phone? Maybe you can still recover them.

As far as internal vs external, I believe it has to do with where on the Android file system the files are located (both locations are still on the physical device though)