Thread: 3 valve Mustang Low dyno results

Potential Tuner

3 valve Mustang Low dyno results

Was wondering if anyone had some insight as to why these dyno numbers are so low? I am getting 273.1 hp @ 5534 rpm and 337.2 torque at 2989 rpm
    59 deg F 50% humidity
    The vehicle is a 2005 mustang gt 5 speed: hot rod cams, gt500 throttle body, bbk long tube headers x pipe and corsa mufflers, bbk cai
    The rest is stock
    The Dyno is an AWD mustang dyno
    Any help would be appreciated this is the first mustang I've done on hp tuners
    22-05-05 15-39-10.hpl2005 mustang changes after first pull 4.2.hpt

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    alot of key channels missing in your data log

engine load
    cam angels 1 and 2
    scheduled torque
    throttle desired
    throttle angles
    error angle
    fuel rail
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Only revving to 5200 with cams? What's the dyno chart look like, still climbing? Also 32 degrees is a lot of timing for a 3v, just my opinion. You didn't log it, but are you getting any knock retard? You're not going to get a million horsepower with that combo but I'd expect it to at least crack 300whp.

5500 rpm is too low for max hp.
    the cams will give you a little more torque, no high hp.
    the tb is useless until you get a better intake mf .
    for expecting more hp you need cai, tb, frpp intake, high rpm cams with other springs, long tubes, x pipe.
    3.73 gearing and 2500 rpm converter will give you the power that you loose in lower rpm range.
    this will be good for 380 hp on crank.

Pull it to 6800rpm like those cams are spec'd for and run total timing in to 32* using 93

Tuner in Training
    I have a 2010 with C&L CAI, 62mm throttlebody, Ford Racing manifold, Hot Rod Cams, BBK short tube headers, off road h pipe, mcleod lightened flywheel/pro street clutch, aluminum drive shaft and 410 gears. I am not a professional tuner by any means, but you can use my tune if you would like as long as it uploads. Do not use the manifold volume of 11.50 because that is for the Ford Racing manifold. I do believe stock manifolds are 10.45. I glanced at your tune that you posted...that seems like a lot of fuel for what you have. I have done some light porting to my heads and do not command that much fuel. Also, this might help you when you delete the charge motion plates in the intake or just buy the Ford Racing manifold. Thus, don't use my imrc tables as well until then. And please don't rip on me for the short tube headers...they were free. Long tubes are the next thing on my list.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lazyunionworker; 05-15-2022 at 12:02 AM.

Potential Tuner
    @lazyunionworker Could you email me a copy of that file please? It's not letting me see it for some reason?