Thread: Mk6 gli

Potential Tuner

Mk6 gli

I got couple questions about med17.1 tuning, I started with med17.5 which unfortunately was not supported by hp tuners so I swapped the ecu to med17.1 and I currently have k04 100 octane map on it. I would like to go full e85 and I was wondering how would I change the stoich value on this ecu, or should I just be adjusting the actual lambda value that is on there? This in the future after I see how stock injectors hang(I also want to get bigger di injectors from opel insignia I believe, they flow about 35% more fuel which should benefit me) Any help would be really appreciated. I am just a newbie here and trying to learn some tuning stuff.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Nice IE file lol

Tuner in Training
    How do you know its IE very curios

Potential Tuner
    Hello, can you go into detail how you swapped the original MK6 GLI ECU for one with MED17.1 architecture? This must have required advanced VAG-COM recoding, correct? I have a beetle with the same ECU (MED17.5.2) and am considering something similar if possible.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBeetle View Post
    Hello, can you go into detail how you swapped the original MK6 GLI ECU for one with MED17.1 architecture? This must have required advanced VAG-COM recoding, correct? I have a beetle with the same ECU (MED17.5.2) and am considering something similar if possible.
    What I did was I looked at the pinouts of each ECU and just repined the connectors for the ECU. There was like 20 wires to repin. Just make sure you are able to disable immobilizer because all of the work would be useless. ELSA is a huge help with diagrams and make sure if it?s manual get the ecu from a manual car same with DSG

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by olegmaster View Post
    I got couple questions about med17.1 tuning, I started with med17.5 which unfortunately was not supported by hp tuners so I swapped the ecu to med17.1 and I currently have k04 100 octane map on it. I would like to go full e85 and I was wondering how would I change the stoich value on this ecu, or should I just be adjusting the actual lambda value that is on there? This in the future after I see how stock injectors hang(I also want to get bigger di injectors from opel insignia I believe, they flow about 35% more fuel which should benefit me) Any help would be really appreciated. I am just a newbie here and trying to learn some tuning stuff.
    You can run whatever E content by doing 2 corrections, Change "Injector constant" to increase/decrease fuel and keep fuel trims as close to 0 and multiply the "Desired Lambda" table values with the corresponding factor to target the appropriate lambda for the E content you want to run. Here is a table with some values I have been running:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    What I did was I looked at the pinouts of each ECU and just repined the connectors for the ECU. There was like 20 wires to repin. Just make sure you are able to disable immobilizer because all of the work would be useless. ELSA is a huge help with diagrams and make sure if it?s manual get the ecu from a manual car same with DSG
    I did a similar swap from MED 17.5 to MED 17.1, first you need to clone the VIN and relevant info from the original ECU or do the inmo off procedure, then it is just a matter of repining the connectors and in my case changing the engine speed sensor from a 2 pin to a 3 pin version. The car runs as if came like this from factory, but the support for MED 17 is limited, right now I am looking at swaping a SIMOS 18 ECU from a 2016 Golf R / Audi
    S3 because HPtuners support for this is lot better.

Tuner in Training
    Hi guys, has anyone encountered HP tuner cant read the ecm but can read the TCM?

I'm about ready to do this same thing. Were all the changes just on the engine harness side, or did you have to change some on the body harness side of the ECU as well?

Going to be printing out Elsa diagrams so I can check, but it's always nice to check with someone who's done it.

I also should be able to swap over Immo stuff from the MED17.5 to the MED17.1