Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: P59 Trans Torque Management Issues

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Thanks for posting!!
    Keep us updated if you find anything, especially for the future... Nothing worse than finding a thread with your exact issues that never has an end solution, even if it "I went a different direction"...

Interesting on the other tables on different platforms...
    I thought I've seen in other threads that if you could give "definitions" to support often times they can add the tables.
    I sent the .cax files the efilive guys are using to hptuners support in reference to the issue Im having. we'll see if they can get it done, or if they'll push it off on me to use the user defined parameters

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet6.0 View Post
    Man. That sounds like it?d be the ticket. Excuse my ignorance, but I?ve never messed with XDF files before. My experience is pretty much just whatever hptuners, Holley or efilive has in their software(s). I assume I?ll need a different program/software to edit the XDF files?

I?m googling that ?d1111 rpm drop ratios? right now. I see that?s something the efilive guys are doing. I haven?t used my efilive in years, not even entirely sure where my flashscanv2 is. But if that?s a viable fix, it may be worth dusting of old hardware and learning how to use those .cax files. I wonder if forwarding those to HPT support would result in them adding the table. Not necessarily asking someone else to do the legwork for me, just save time if someone smarter than me could do it really simply and quick.
    I does sound like a good start. Unfortunately, that is where my search is stalled. There is literally just the one post and a reply saying thanks, no actual discussion on how the individual used the table. Not much talk anywhere else either and as I mentioned, not defined in HPT that I have seen. It could also be a table that specific OS's just do not use. So, back to patents to help understand what direction GM was going with their transmission calibrations.

Yes, you can use user defined parameters with HPTuners. Yes, more people to need explore and discuss user defined parameters. You have to pay for it, HPT limits the areas you're allowed to edit, and you'll need to know how hex addressing works amongst other things. (I think HPT also does a hex-to-decimal conversion when loading in xdfs but changes based on the units you have your software set to display by default. This is not documented in their official post or anywhere else and it is annoying.) Definitely dust off the EFI stuff, sometimes they have things defined that HPT does not. That is where I would start since the work is done already, then move to xdfs. For the xdfs you need to understand that an xdf is specific to the OS it was created for. You can download tunerpro rt5. It is free but you'll get a nag screen when you open the program. You will need .bin files for use in tunerpro as well. I doubt HPT will be adding any tables to anything older than Gen4/5 at this point. Anything that old usually ends up with a standalone/piggyback setup once specific issues like this arise, so not much incentive for HPT to update anything. If you send anything to HPT you'll have to "show your own work". I don't think they'll just take an EFI file and run with it, or they will... I don't know.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    I does sound like a good start. Unfortunately, that is where my search is stalled. There is literally just the one post and a reply saying thanks, no actual discussion on how the individual used the table. Not much talk anywhere else either and as I mentioned, not defined in HPT that I have seen. It could also be a table that specific OS's just do not use. So, back to patents to help understand what direction GM was going with their transmission calibrations.

Yes, you can use user defined parameters with HPTuners. Yes, more people to need explore and discuss user defined parameters. You have to pay for it, HPT limits the areas you're allowed to edit, and you'll need to know how hex addressing works amongst other things. (I think HPT also does a hex-to-decimal conversion when loading in xdfs but changes based on the units you have your software set to display by default. This is not documented in their official post or anywhere else and it is annoying.) Definitely dust off the EFI stuff, sometimes they have things defined that HPT does not. That is where I would start since the work is done already, then move to xdfs. For the xdfs you need to understand that an xdf is specific to the OS it was created for. You can download tunerpro rt5. It is free but you'll get a nag screen when you open the program. You will need .bin files for use in tunerpro as well. I doubt HPT will be adding any tables to anything older than Gen4/5 at this point. Anything that old usually ends up with a standalone/piggyback setup once specific issues like this arise, so not much incentive for HPT to update anything. If you send anything to HPT you'll have to "show your own work". I don't think they'll just take an EFI file and run with it, or they will... I don't know.
    Excuse my ignorance, but the only time I've used .bin files has been tuning older LT1 stuff with TunerCat. How could I go about converting or reading my trucks tune file as a .bin file?

Advanced Tuner
    PCM Hammer and LsDroid are the most user friendly options I know of. They will read the PCM and let you save it as a .bin file.

Advanced Tuner
    PCM Hammer and LsDroid are the most user friendly options I know of. They will read the PCM and let you save it as a .bin file.
    Just bored at work, but I found a .bin file for my year/model truck with the same OS. Can I download that, use that in tunerpro to create the XDF or whatever I need to establish a user defined parameter for my tune? Or do I have to do all this specifically using my truck?s bin file?

Advanced Tuner
    If it is the same OS it should work. Now, creating the xdf for that OS is by no means a "click the button" procedure.

Advanced Tuner
    If it is the same OS it should work. Now, creating the xdf for that OS is by no means a "click the button" procedure.
    Right, I?m just trying to avoid having to buy another interface and download yet another program to fix this issue. If I can use the bin file I found to setup the XDF, configure a user defined parameter and get it set up during downtime at work, I can hopefully test and resolve the issue this evening.

Advanced Tuner

Im going to join their forum and try to contact him. Ive looked at a few bin files and none of them have the d1111 table mentioned.

Advanced Tuner
    Well, it's probably in the .bin but you need an XDF with the table defined for your specific OS to correctly display the data within the .bin. For example, you have OS 12619623. You need a .bin for OS 12619623 and a XDF specifically(and correctly) made for OS 12619623.

I noticed it labeled D1110 in the 12587603 xdf but in EFI, D1110 is a different table, if it is defined. I have not seen this specific RPM Drop ratio table defined in any commercial tuning software yet. So no, you probably wont see it in EFI/HPT.

The D1111 table is in the two xdfs I posted links to in this thread. For example, one of the XDFs was specifically made for OS 12587604. In order to use anything in that XDF, you need a .bin file for OS 12587604 (2004 GTO).

Advanced Tuner
    Well, it's probably in the .bin but you need an XDF with the table defined for your specific OS to correctly display the data within the .bin. For example, you have OS 12619623. You need a .bin for OS 12619623 and a XDF specifically(and correctly) made for OS 12619623.

I noticed it labeled D1110 in the 12587603 xdf but in EFI, D1110 is a different table, if it is defined. I have not seen this specific RPM Drop ratio table defined in any commercial tuning software yet. So no, you probably wont see it in EFI/HPT.

The D1111 table is in the two xdfs I posted links to in this thread. For example, one of the XDFs was specifically made for OS 12587604. In order to use anything in that XDF, you need a .bin file for OS 12587604 (2004 GTO).
    Yea. ive figured that much out just playing around with the various softwares. Unfortunately, Id have to swap my TAC module and some wiring I think, to run the 7603 os as I know you cant just throw 04 os in an 06 pcm.

Advanced Tuner
    I?ve made contact with the guy that posted that .cax file on the efilive forums. We?re discussing it. I?ve also played around with different files and think I?m on to something. It may take a combination of efilive, hpt and tunerpro, but it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet6.0 View Post
    I?ve made contact with the guy that posted that .cax file on the efilive forums. We?re discussing it. I?ve also played around with different files and think I?m on to something. It may take a combination of efilive, hpt and tunerpro, but it will be worth it.
    If you're in North TX I'll let ya use my Flash Scan...
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    If you're in North TX I'll let ya use my Flash Scan...
    Southeast missouri, and I have a v2. Thanks for the offer though!!

Advanced Tuner
    I am trying to follow this but I am lost. If you could, point me to some literature that could explain what is going on here. Thanks guys

Advanced Tuner
    There isnt really a "how to" or anything on this. What it boils down to, EFILive has an option for users to create their own parameters if they know the specifics of the parameter they want to adjust. EFILive calls these .CAX files. Hptuners offers something similar with their "User Defined Parameters". There is a fellow who uses EFILive that has figured out the parameter we want to adjust, however efilive's process of defining a parameter is much different than hpt, obviously. You have to use TunerPro to create an .XDF file to import into hptuners in order to use the user defined parameters. XDF files can be created in TunerPro, IF you have a .bin file for your tune/os. .bin files are essentially the raw data on your PCM, hptuners interprets that and presents it as tables, graphs and parameters. Now here's where things get complicated, for me anyways. Your .bin file and .XDF files have to match OS wise, and my particular OS is not one that someone has already defined or shared an .XDF file for. So I cannot simply download an .XDF someone has already created and graciously shared, make the changes and run with it. I'm going to have to define an .XDF for my OS.

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like your OS is supported by Universal Patcher. https://universalpatcher.net/ That program can spit out an xdf for you and it works with user defined parameters in HPT. You still need to load a .bin file into the program for it to work and the RPM Drop table is not defined. (There are two stock .bins for your OS you can download here.)

I also attached a xdf for the RPM Drop ratio table for your OS. There is a second larger table in there that can be ignored, I just used it try and see where things were located. Use at your own risk, I have not tested anything so no guarantees from me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like your OS is supported by Universal Patcher. https://universalpatcher.net/ That program can spit out an xdf for you and it works with user defined parameters in HPT. You still need to load a .bin file into the program for it to work and the RPM Drop table is not defined. (There are two stock .bins for your OS you can download here.)

I also attached a xdf for the RPM Drop ratio table for your OS. There is a second larger table in there that can be ignored, I just used it try and see where things were located. Use at your own risk, I have not tested anything so no guarantees from me.
    You are my hero!!!!!!!!! I loaded that .XDF into my user defined parameters in hptuners, and now I have the table to adjust! I will be trying it out and reporting back this evening!

Advanced Tuner
    On another note, what are you theories for adjusting it? Manipulating the start column, end column, or both?? I emailed the guy that posted the solution on efilive?s forum to see if he could/help and discuss, and I guess he thinks I work for HPT and has said he will not help 🤷🏻

Advanced Tuner
    I have no idea and have no way to test unless I can find similar stuff for a T42. And I am just assuming there will be similar stuff used in a T42 since it essentially controls the same transmission.

I was hoping the person you contacted would be able to give some insight into how it works. Probably has some resentment towards HPT. They probably "borrowed" something of theirs from EFI back in the day, who knows. Not sure why that has to effect us normies...

Advanced Tuner
    I replied and told him I was in no way affiliated with hpt, just a guy trying to figure out an issue and would only share his info with those in this thread, but he just replied “LOL”