Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: P59 Trans Torque Management Issues

Tuner in Training
    just read the whole thread, curious if you come across any new corellations.. i have a p59 swapped squarebody that has similar part throttle shift behavior. not sure if i'll be playing with it anymore before they start salting the roads around here, it gets backyarded for the minnesota winters. i'll be following this to the end if i dont burn up my tranny first. routin for ya. i know how tuning can be a rabbit hole.

Advanced Tuner
    Nothing new unfortunately. Following the code is a pain and very time consuming. I can generally find the reference to a table in the code and manually change memory values (for example, current gear) that effect the offset table lookups or the offset lookup for the address of a table. It always seems to fall apart for me at that point. There are a few that have commented code and posted it online in some places but all that generally contains is the main OBD stuff needed to figure out how to read/write the computers. (Not intending to devalue their work at all. Very grateful those willing to share have done so.) There was someone that put out some helpful commented code that included the transmission section on an older platform. But that person either died or now works for someone, possibly HPT, under NDA because they kind of fell off the face of the earth it seems. So I have kind of taken a step back and started to put names or descriptions on everything I can think to in the code. Something I should have done from the start. But that leads to a lot of question marks all over the place due to the lack of official documents. I will keep poking around at this in my free time. I wouldn't expect any magical developments any time soon unless more knowledgeable individuals choose to help.